LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Less than 2 weeks, first problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 06:12 PM
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by illbuildit
For sure I brought up the dent repair to my wife earlier.

Rock sliders.... Thanks. Gonna check that out
If you're in OKC, these people are good:

Advanced Collision Repair | Auto Body Repair Okc | Paintless Dent Repair & Removal | Collision Repair Edmond, Oklahoma City.

The following users liked this post:
illbuildit (03-06-2016)
Old 03-06-2016, 06:28 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Appreciate that I'll certainly go there.

And update: turns out we have some warranty stuff and everything will be taken care of. Was the alternator. The mechanic put in a battery (which I was afraid to do) and started it up. Said smoke was pouring out of the radiator and they thought it was going to catch fire! Anyway, we have a rental and should be hearing back soon. From now on, I WILL take more time to investigate myself. I am just way too busy for anything right now. Sucks.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:31 PM
Winching
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Appreciate that I'll certainly go there.

And update: turns out we have some warranty stuff and everything will be taken care of. Was the alternator. The mechanic put in a battery (which I was afraid to do) and started it up. Said smoke was pouring out of the radiator and they thought it was going to catch fire! Anyway, we have a rental and should be hearing back soon. From now on, I WILL take more time to investigate myself. I am just way too busy for anything right now. Sucks.
SCORE! Glad they fixed it.

I feel my Jedi diag forces are strong with this one.

So it was the same deal as the Brit guy haha

Old 03-06-2016, 06:34 PM
Mudding

Ha for sure. I hadn't gone back to check yet but right on! I can't help though but to think they would have had somewhat of a clue as to what was going on! Turns out the knowledge in this group really is deep. Great place to be

Old 03-06-2016, 07:18 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad to here it is something very straightforward and you should be back on the road quickly.

illbuildit (03-06-2016)
Old 03-06-2016, 07:32 PM
Winching
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Ha for sure. I hadn't gone back to check yet but right on! I can't help though but to think they would have had somewhat of a clue as to what was going on! Turns out the knowledge in this group really is deep. Great place to be
It has to be to keep these things on the road.

illbuildit (03-06-2016)
Old 03-08-2016, 08:55 PM
Mudding

Well we got it back, which is good. What's bad is that we wont be going back to that shop. Turns out the warranty doesn't cover diagnosis. OK fine, but they claimed it took FOUR HOURS TO DIAGNOSE! So, either they are bee essing us, or they suck. Either way, that's not good. But maybe there is something I don't know. Maybe they did more diagnosing after replacing the alternator. Had I been with her when she picked it up, I certainly would have asked.

Edit....she just told me it was two for the alt and one for something else. oops.
but the girl working in the front kept on smacking away on some noodles valley girl fashion in here work out clothes while collecting money.

Last edited by illbuildit; 03-08-2016 at 09:07 PM.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:23 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

And that's why I never trust 3rd party warranties. They always seem to have an 'out'. Don't cover diagnostics? Really? WTF?

And they usually make it tough on the shop too - only paying what they feel is an appropriate hourly rate, not the shop's actual rate.

In years past I was the service manager at a yacht dealer. We sold FPC extended warranties though the sales side - they loved them as there was huge margin. I hated them because I was always the guy who had to tell them years down the road that it wasn't worth crap. Example - they only wanted to pay $35/hr instead of our $115/hr shop rate. My favorite? They would only pay to bore one cylinder on an engine because they said only one was damaged; the customer would have to pay for the other 7 out of pocket.

Yeah...not a fan.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:39 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Zelatore
And that's why I never trust 3rd party warranties. They always seem to have an 'out'. Don't cover diagnostics? Really? WTF?

And they usually make it tough on the shop too - only paying what they feel is an appropriate hourly rate, not the shop's actual rate.

In years past I was the service manager at a yacht dealer. We sold FPC extended warranties though the sales side - they loved them as there was huge margin. I hated them because I was always the guy who had to tell them years down the road that it wasn't worth crap. Example - they only wanted to pay $35/hr instead of our $115/hr shop rate. My favorite? They would only pay to bore one cylinder on an engine because they said only one was damaged; the customer would have to pay for the other 7 out of pocket.

Yeah...not a fan.
I always see the warranty as a payment plan for repairs. The warranty I got for my Avalanche, I think, was better than this one. They never asked questions and always covered. Ended up getting well over 9000 in work done for a total of 600 in deductibles. But yeah, not covering diagnosis is BS.

On the bright side, I just ordered a welder to build stuff for the LR3. And while I'm at it, I'll fix the crack in my trailer frame!!!

Old 03-09-2016, 10:09 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

On the bright side, I just ordered a welder to build stuff for the LR3. And while I'm at it, I'll fix the crack in my trailer frame!!!
Always a good move.

illbuildit (03-09-2016)