LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 Suspension Faults w/troubleshooting updates

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2021, 06:40 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 468 Likes on 419 Posts

Alright then....my theory is blown. I don't understand why you would buy a GAP tool without paying to unlock it. That's like buying half a tool...and I didn't even know you could do that! Maybe that's a new thing.

Anyway....I digress. There is a "guided calibration" now, but I haven't used it to be honest. I have only calibrated the "old fashioned way" using measurements and live values. I'm not familiar with the app sensor calibration. I will go take a look.

Old 02-24-2021, 07:04 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by houm_wa
Alright then....my theory is blown. I don't understand why you would buy a GAP tool without paying to unlock it. That's like buying half a tool...and I didn't even know you could do that! Maybe that's a new thing.

Anyway....I digress. There is a "guided calibration" now, but I haven't used it to be honest. I have only calibrated the "old fashioned way" using measurements and live values. I'm not familiar with the app sensor calibration. I will go take a look.
You indeed were correct! and I talked to different person @gap-diagnostics today and the tool has now been unlocked without the additional fee. Thanks for the heads up!! Having said that, I will attempt a guided calibration in the a.m due to not storing the original calibration numbers before the system was deflated.
​​​​
update*

Gap tool used to deflate and re- enable eas. Clear codes. Front valve block and air strut replaced. No codes have returned. This repair may have paid for the gap tool. I appreciate the recommendation, thanks again!

Last edited by Chris Gatan; 03-03-2021 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Update
The following users liked this post:
houm_wa (02-24-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 07:20 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 226 Likes on 199 Posts

The fee is only for a transfer, original owner/purchaser doesn't pay it.

Old 02-26-2021, 05:47 PM
4wd Low
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alright, my GAP tool arrived. I have 3 EAS codes that popped. The first one, I believe to be the culprit. The following two I believe were cause by my troubleshooting method(s).
C1A13-64 (6C) Pressure does not decrease when venting gallery - algorithm based failure - signal plausibility failure

C1A27-12
C1A27-14

I have cleared the codes & started her up. Compressor came right on. Unable to raise the height. Compressor shutoff after about 2-3 minutes of runtime. No new faults present.

I'm really scratching my head here.

Old 02-26-2021, 06:28 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 226 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by bmdubbs
Alright, my GAP tool arrived. I have 3 EAS codes that popped. The first one, I believe to be the culprit. The following two I believe were cause by my troubleshooting method(s).
C1A13-64 (6C) Pressure does not decrease when venting gallery - algorithm based failure - signal plausibility failure

C1A27-12
C1A27-14

I have cleared the codes & started her up. Compressor came right on. Unable to raise the height. Compressor shutoff after about 2-3 minutes of runtime. No new faults present.

I'm really scratching my head here.
The compressor drier is blocked so cant vent excess pressure.

Chris Gatan (02-27-2021)
Old 03-01-2021, 07:46 AM
4wd Low

Ok. Going to try to get some time to pull the compressor tonight & evaluate the drier. I'll report back and let you know what I found.

Chris Gatan (03-01-2021)
Old 03-01-2021, 04:26 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same issue. The plastic drier end cap on mine had a small hairline crack so check for that. I picked up a rebuild kit with a metal end cap.

Old 04-06-2021, 03:02 PM
4wd Low

I ordered the compressor dryer valve and solenoid rebuild kit from 4x4 air seals. Last night, I changed out the dessicant (it was pretty wet) and all the o-rings. Re-installed everything on the car (remember, this is an AMK compressor). The vehicle doesn't want to raise or lower using the height selector switch. I had trouble getting the compressor to kick on, but, using the GAP tool, I was eventually able to get her to kick on and raise a bit. Then, the infamous C1A13-64 code returned.

I pulled the exhaust valve solenoid. It appears to have just 2 power inputs. I applied 12v: nothing happened. Anyone know a solid way of testing these?

I'm still not clear or certain as to what the issue here is. Here are my next steps:

1. Determine how to test the Exhaust Valve Solenoid & verify functionality
2. If that doesn't show a failure, use the GAP tool to recalibrate the EAS

Old 04-07-2021, 01:26 PM
4wd Low

Update:

Using the GAP tool, I'm able to control each corner of the suspension without issue. I am able to raise and lower. I can hear the exhaust valve functioning. Due to this symptomatic data point, I don't believe the physical exhaust valve is the issue.

I attempted to complete the guided EAS calibration yesterday, but during this, could not get the vehicle corners to lower. I'm uncertain why. I'll reach out to GAP.