LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 05 Owner, Couple problems. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 07:21 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 05 Owner, Couple problems. Help!

Hey guys so just picked up a really great condition lr3 SE.

I have both keys and they do not work to unlock/lock the car, nothing happens. Keys start the truck fine and no low battery. Checked them and they are putting out a signal. No water in the passenger side as it was lightly raining today.

It just got a new battery put in it. do i need to re program something??

Also the sunroof won't work, thats all i got though, idk where to start there.

Also bonus points if you can tell me where this thing in the picture is supposed to go, it was unhooked when i got it. Thank you so much!

Name:  YzB1yxu.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  1.39 MB

Old 11-04-2015, 08:10 PM
Mudding
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

The keys do not need to be reprogrammed when a new battery is put in. The programming has been permanently "burned" into the key fob chip.

I think most auto parts stores have a remote tester that let's you verify that the remote is truly transmitting. That would be a good place to start. However, the fact that both remotes are not working seems to indicate a different failure. You mention no water on the passenger side, but have you checked the wiring under the front passenger sill? There is a well known issue with the remote receiver wiring that runs under there. It eventually corrodes after exposure to water from the LR3's flawed water drainage design.

The sunroof can be recalibrated by holding the close button for something like 15 seconds. You'll know it's worked when you hear the sunroof moving.

The tube that is in the picture is for your car battery. Some batteries will have a hole on the side so that gases can vent out. The tube carries the gases out of the sealed battery compartment.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:34 PM
4wd High

Thank you hell pie, yeah i did check out the keys to make sure they are transmitting and they are. I kind of knew i would have to check the wiring, but was hoping there was some buttons i needed to press to re sync the keys after the battery swap so i didn't have to check all the wiring.

Thank you for your help! I will check the wiring after i figure out how to get in there...

Old 11-04-2015, 11:42 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 460 Likes on 411 Posts

The sunroof re-cal procedure is 20 seconds I believe, not 15. Sounds like I'm splitting hairs and being a pecker but I'm not...you'll be amazed. It doesn't do $hit until that 20th second ticks and then it's voila....

Old 11-05-2015, 08:15 AM
4wd High

Thanks guys, got the sunroof working (that was fantastically easy) I will start looking around to find out about the wires to check those out, sounds like its just a corroded wire that needs to be resoldered? Easy enough, hopefully thats all it is.