LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

non-OEM TPMS sensor

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 07:36 PM
Overlanding
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default non-OEM TPMS sensor

I have a 2007 LR3 HSE. The tire pressure monitor system worked just fine. Then, when I swapped my tires over after last winter, Sears broke one of the TPMS sensors. They replaced with a standard valve stem. I drove on this for quite a while (all summer long). There were a couple different fault messages that were given on the dash display. Sorry, but I can remember exactly what there were (are).

Now, winter is upon us and I had a non-OEM sensor installed (Orange Electronics Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensors TPMS/Monitor OEC-5). They claimed it would work for my rig. I got cheap and figured I'd give it a shot.

Now, I still have the fault. It is a fault and not just an air pressure warning which I think is implying the sensor is not being detected. I have done a lot of research but all I can find is advice to ensure pressure is set correctly and drive for 10-20 miles and the new sensor will go away.

Does anyone know of a way to force the system to look for a new sensor, rather than just driving it and waiting?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Matt

Old 10-31-2012, 09:24 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go here:
https://landroverforums.com/forum/sh...8834&styleid=4

Download the workshop manual and there is a section on the TPMS. It's actually quite a large file on the description and operation. I'd cut and paste her, but I'm on my mobile and don't remember off hand what the correct procedures when replacing sensors. I'll check back this weekend when I have more time. Sorry that I can't help more right now.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:14 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

why didn't you get sears to pay for it. Plus the oem works without programming. If it wont go off then it needs to be cleared and then reprogrammed cause its been so long. Sears should pick up the cost.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When NTB bust the stem on one of my TPMS they replaced it on their dime. Of course when they used their non-LR tool to pair everything back up again all manner of check engine lights came on until I cleared them with my Faultmate. I think the gist of the errors was "what the hell was that shouting at me earlier? "

As they didn't have the TPMS in stock, they fixed me up with a regular valve stem until they got it in but they did write on the work order that they had damaged and would fit and replace it FOC.

But it may be too late to tap Sears...

Old 11-01-2012, 08:15 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

without access to the codes not much you can do. I have seen aftermarket ones cause issues on all sorts of vehicles. Non OEM have a set of values and id tags that don't jive. It might take for ten minutes but soon after it stops monitoring it. Seen it before.