LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Non Starter

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 08:02 AM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Non Starter

Hey guys. Last night my wife was about to leave work in the LR3. She got out there and nothing was working. Not the key fob, non of the electrical, nothing. The lady she works for tried to help her jump it. Having it connected to her Yukon's battery was able to get the radio and information center on but would only click when she attempted to start. They let it set for a bit to try to get a charge and still nothing. They took the Yukon off and I came to her work to try and figure it out.

When I got there I immediately hooked it up to my trucks battery. This time nothing was coming on when I turned the key except for some lights flickering. Airbag light was flickering, and nav screen was flickering. I waited a minute, turned the key to on and put the car in reverse and back into park. This brought all systems up and I was able to start the car. Got it home, parked it, unloaded the newborn and his stuff and I went back out to try to start the LR3 on its own. Everything is fine, other than the information center flashed 'Service -12900' and then a second message 'Service -5000'

My initial thought was that the vehicle probably has a safety on it that wont allow it to start if it doesnt think it is in park. Father in law had same issue with his Wrangler when parked on a slight incline. The driveway she was parked in with the LR3 is pretty uneven. Beyond that im not really sure at all what just happened. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Old 09-26-2013, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

I agree with your diagnosis, and Mom won't trust it again. I'll let more expert with the codes weigh in.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:57 AM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Buzz. I haven't checked the forum in a while but came back on here to read this thread again because it happened yet again. This time in a parking lot at the grocery store. She had to do the same thing. Key in the on position, put it in reverse, then back in park and start. Everything resets itself after that, clock etc. At a loss.