LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stang problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2024, 10:58 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stang problem

06 LR3 HSE
I have a strange problem, my passenger door open, interior light and the orange light on the outside of the door cycle on and off. On for 7 seconds, then off for 22.5 seconds. It does it constantly and never stops so long as the key is on. The window motor also isn't working. I ordered another window motor off of ebay and it isn't working either. During the 7 seconds the lights are on the window motor doesn't even receive the signal to roll the window up or down. When they are off it tries to turn but can't. When I push the window button and it tries to turn the orange exterior light will come on like the window switch is a light switch. Any insights????

Old 03-23-2024, 08:09 PM
Mudding
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Since it's the passenger side, it's worth checking whether the carpet in the passenger side is wet, or has been wet in the past. There's a large bundle of wires in the footwell on the passenger side and there are common reports of electrical issues when it gets wet. Leaks from the A-pillar or more commonly the sunroof can cause this. The main electrical junction box is directly behind the glove compartment.

If there's any indication a leak has occurred, or maybe even if not, it's worth pulling off the passenger footwell trim so that you can pull up the carpet and see the wiring along the door jam and above and see if you can identify something obvious like corrosion that would cause something like this. Someone with more experience may come along and provide more/better information.