LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trouble with LR3SE 2006 today..

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 02:27 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by memphis_rover
If you saw corrosion on the terminals than that should be your first thing your looking at. I don't think that the work they did is causing your issue.... What kind of shop did you take it too?

At a certain point however you need to bite the bullet and take it to a shop or independent land rover shop. We can only give you so much guidance over the internet.

I will say from my personal experience with the same symptoms it was corrosion from water getting in.
Thank you Memphis Rover .
The Shoppe is a proper Auto repair place with 7-8 Mechanics but we went in for Throttle body Cleaning which they didn't want to do but I insisted on it as it's our Shoppe and video seemed easy.But in the end after leaving there with these troubles my neighbor took throttle body off and only the front was cleaned,area behind nearer to engine was dirty..and the guy assured me they took it out and did it.It maybe they cleaned the one end in place and cleaner dripped on to something electical under throttle body?.
Or Maybe it's that silver box behind battery( Transfer box) that has shorted due to wrong brake light bulb they put in?
That left brake light burns out every few months but one on right lasts for years.
Memphis..I swear this as hard to believe as it may be.One day we found car would not shift out of first gear...oh my God Transmission I thought.I read forum with symptoms and it was suggested to check brake light bulbs that they must be original and check tire pressures..as that can fool the computer and Auto Shoppe had just changed bulb (which keeps failing).So I got Sylvania 7528.. and saw one tire was way way off..I put it right..changed bulb and car was repaired.Back to perfect.I swear.
So this is why I place such impotance to light bulb.
Should I just get a transfer box and kind of throw part at the problem.Would be nice if there was a way to check our transfer box.
I love this car.

Last edited by Athana; 05-01-2018 at 11:29 PM.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:33 PM
Rock Crawling

So today put in a brand new Interstate battery and got oem brake light bulbs from dealer and it's the same...
With brake depressed car turns on and all is right..when I let go of brake,all the warning lights i mentioned go on. Help?

Old 05-01-2018, 11:50 PM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Do the brake switch. Sounds like it was not installed correctly.

Or, rebuild the trans, swap the motor, rotate the tires, and change the headlight fluid.

Then if that doesn’t work go back to the brake switch.

The following users liked this post:
loanrangie (05-05-2018)
Old 05-11-2018, 08:17 PM
Rock Crawling
Default Solved

So it was repaired.. Hallelujah.
Two days driving all going well.
Had to go to dealer..it was a corroded wire that ran from Pedals to under the seat.
Carpet and seat had to come out.
$990.
(Unfortunately in dealers loaner a pebble hit windshield and cracked glass.Never happened before to us.And we only used it to go home and back,unbelievable..Discovery Sport..must be a cheap quality windshield)
Any way concerning wire..
Why..how did it happen..?
Well it happened 6 miles after leaving the Auto "Repair"Shop..after they put wrong brake light
in and Cleaned one end of tne Throttle Body..
So it was something that happened there..period.
Either the wrong Bulb Shortrd the corroded wire..or the Shoppe Cleaned that one end only of Throttle Body in the car, outside with hood open in the rain..it was raining a lot that day.
Anyway neighbor finished Throttle Body cleaning ..Changed Air Filter and car is getting 15.5 mpg .instead of 14.2..
And ..on Monday am going to another Mechanic neighbor recommended who is Changing our front brakes/rotors..Drive Belts..brake fluid and steering fluid.
Got AAA and am ready to drive.
Cheers

Old 05-14-2018, 09:45 AM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Corrosion happens over time due to moisture and other enviormental factors. I think the simple conclusion is yes over 10 plus years wires will corrode. Considering that the LR3's have so many different computers and so many miles of wiring, its simply a fact that these kinds of rigs will then in turn have more issues.

All of those fluid changes ect sound great but unless your mechanic neighbor has either a LR computer or something like and IID tool you cant change the brake fluid correctly. Thats because you have to open the ABS valves. I think the tool is also needed on the PS fluid but correct me if i'm wrong someone because I havent tackled that one myself yet, on the list however.