LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your LR3 today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2023, 05:31 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 721 Likes on 606 Posts

Thanks! Those eyelets are DIY using a fence post part to wrap the 1" rack tubes. The eyelets themselves are for tying stuff down, so for that exact jobs. Hardest part was finding the various ratings of things to make sure they can hold heavy cases and such with the truck bouncing around. FarmTek is indeed the brand and I found it at a Farm and Fleet for pretty cheap compared to online. Three panels is all I needed with one partial panel making up another deck up front not in the photo. I am doing a photography run this week specifically for Rovers including mine, so during that trip I will have some updated ones of my rig and its rack, as well as how I load it up with gear.

The following users liked this post:
kndrewa (05-15-2023)
Old 05-30-2023, 10:22 PM
1st Gear
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Hey there, LandRover Forums community! I'm DiscoRic, and I'm thrilled to be joining this fantastic group of off-road enthusiasts. A month or so back, I made the exciting decision to become the proud owner of a stunning white 2007 LR3. Since then, my off-roading adventures have taken off, and I couldn't be more excited to share my experiences with all of you. Friend took me on my first trail with his Disco II and my LR3 , Trail was a 4, not very hard, and in better shape than it reportedly was a few weeks ago. Had an absolute blast

A Land of Discovery

The following 5 users liked this post by DiscoRic:
Disco203 (05-31-2023), hasullivan (05-30-2023), houm_wa (05-31-2023), kndrewa (06-02-2023), lyapunov (10-17-2023)
Old 05-31-2023, 08:56 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 455 Likes on 406 Posts

Get some tires and your fun adventures will really take off!!

Old 05-31-2023, 09:09 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 212 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by houm_wa
Get some tires and your fun adventures will really take off!!
Yep, decent tyres are the single best improvement you can make to a Disco, the rest is a bonus.

Old 06-01-2023, 10:51 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by houm_wa
Replaced coolant expansion tank.
What's your mileage? Currently replacing all my coolant hoses as preventative and realized I didn't order a new tank. 170k for me. Tempted to do it as well as they're not all that expensive.

Old 06-05-2023, 02:28 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 455 Likes on 406 Posts

238k miles

Old 06-07-2023, 08:22 PM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, not exactly “what I did to my LR3 today”. But I’ve been meaning to share this for months now.

here are my new-to-me wheels off a RRS

i love how well this wheel design matches the cars lines.

kndrewa (06-11-2023)
Old 06-12-2023, 03:06 PM
Mudding
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Hi Everybody, I am finally getting round to refurbishing the OEM Winch (Warn 9.5xp, factory installed option). I last did this about 4 years ago. I have taken it off and stripped it down - All internal gears, etc are very good, some grease is the original color, all grease is nice and thick, zero water or moisture inside the 'motor' end or 'gear housing' end, all gear teeth look excellent and fit together very well without any play, and there's just a few very small rust spots. Therefore I may choose to re-use the 4 rubber seals, since they have obviously been working well (new seal kit is part # 68615). There was one issue however - When removing the Winch from the winch tray (4 vertical bolts), 3 of them snapped (circled in yellow in photo below). Rust / corrosion. 2 bolts attach to part # 68606, winch drum support kit gear end, and 2 bolts attach to part # 68607, winch drum support kit motor end. If I cannot somehow get the 3 broken bolts removed, I will need to purchase these 2 parts - They are about $120 each I think. Let me know if you have any gathering dust in your parts bin... As part of the refurb, I will be repainting the entire winch - This will take some time, since I will need to clean, prep and prime it properly. Some of the metal is aluminium, and some is steel. May get a new set of stickers, if I feel like getting fancy.. I have a brand new synthetic rope and removeable hook. Will also be refinishing the A-Frame Protection Bar. And I will attempt to fabricate a decent winch cover, to protect it from UV / rain / snow.

tracyc (06-12-2023)
Old 06-18-2023, 11:47 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 212 Likes on 186 Posts

Notice a faint brake squeak from the rear coming home on friday so thought it was time to check the pads , also needed to adjust my handbrake shoes since needing to use the release cable a few weeks ago.
Pads had less than 1mm of material left so got them just in time, handbrake adjustment was easy since i was lucky that the module relatched the cables so i didn't have to crawl under and wind them back in.

james.martin1 (06-24-2023)
Old 06-24-2023, 05:08 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I managed to (briefly) get the LR3 on the road this week. The new tie rods are installed and I had the wheel alignment adjusted by a local performance shop. I decided to tackle some more of the preventative maintenance and replaced the coolant bleed valve Tee. I heard some air rush into the system when I disconnected the tubing so I decided to bleed the system. I'm glad I did this since I found out the bleed screw on my expansion tank was stripped out. The expansion tank also doesn't have the bleed screw in the same place as the OEM tanks or any aftermarket ones I see online.

Between this and the false "low coolant" warning i'm definitely going to replace the tank before driving. Does anyone have recommendations or warnings on aftermarket brands for this or should I just go for OEM? From what I have read so far it seems like Dorman, Uro, Britpart, etc. should be avoided but Mahle and Rein are usually alright and still less than half the cost of OEM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your LR3 today?