LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your LR3 today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2024, 04:54 PM
6th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Drove her through the car wash then went and got the alignment done after replacing all 8 control arms -- did the fronts a while ago and finally finished the rears over the weekend. She's driving straight and smooth now! Oh, and anyone in the Utah area that wants the take-off arms is welcome to them... i posted them here: https://landroverforums.com/forum/market/120450

Old 01-30-2024, 03:49 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Replaced all H7 Halogens with LEDs, had an OEM 10 spoke cracked wheel rim (backside) welded up at "The Wheel Clinic" in Edmonton, now getting 4 new all season radials for summer driving, plus tackling my no sound from radio problem, that's enough for now. Unseasonably warm here, +6C (46F) and it is January!

Old 01-30-2024, 09:45 AM
Mudding
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

New to me 08 LR3 4.4 SE, USA spec. It has Rear HVAC. It has cabin heat issues. I'm starting with the basics - Flush the entire Coolant system, bit by bit. Over the weekend I flushed the Rear Heater Core, tapped into it via the 6 inch long rubber lines, below passenger side rear door, tucked up beside the frame. Massive thanks DakotaTravler, who came down to educate me. Again... Previous owner probably tried all sorts of marvelous snake oil potions to fix his cooling system leaks. Result - Lots of alien sludge got flushed out. This is a large dinner plate, to give you some size perspective. I drained the dirty water through a sieve with 1mm square holes, i.e. not particularly fine mesh - Lots more dirt was collected.

The following 2 users liked this post by nevillusa:
DakotaTravler (02-19-2024), loanrangie (02-05-2024)
Old 02-05-2024, 08:50 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Repair

After a cold snap in southwestern BC and driving around in all the salted road my passenger side rear caliper was dragging. It’s the only one that was replaced just under two years ago using a jobber part. Didn’t last. Replaced the caliper with a new one. Surprising easy to do. All good now.

The following users liked this post:
kndrewa (02-18-2024)
Old 02-07-2024, 01:44 PM
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Upgraded Tires and New Stereo System

I lifted my 2005 LR3 with the Lift Rods and added the larger BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2s. The tires are absolutely awesome for off-roading and makes my car look extra tough! There is some light rubbing so you will want to do some shaving off the inner well. It also rides a little rougher given the larger tires but it doesn't bother me. I also upgraded the stereo system with a touch screen compatible with apple play and it is awesome. Now a lot of people will tell you that if you add an updated stereo system, you will lose functionality of the navigation screen. I was lucky enough to find a guy who could do the install so that I didn't lose any functionality!
I added the more updated grill and a ladder to the back. From a looks perspective, I also took some plastidip paint and painted an angle of black on the headlight (not Xenon Headlights). I think it gives it a tougher look. I do not believe this will work with the higher end lights since it may interfere with operation.
My LR3 is now at almost 300k miles and I am getting nervous as to when the engine or transmission might fail so I am now considering the Defender. Not sure what I am going to do with my LR3 but I will probably cry if I let it go.

Joey's 2005 LR3

DakotaTravler (02-19-2024)
Old 02-18-2024, 12:38 PM
Overlanding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Flashing ECUs with GAP IID

I learned how to update the CCF to change the parking aid configuration, and experienced the "system reset" of driver preferences like in this video. I was wondering if that CCF update changes more mechanical items like transmission adaptations or other settings that may have evolved over time? These things like memory seats/mirrors and clock or trip meter are not a big deal. But did other things get changed when doing the update depicted in the video? It's great to have rear sensors active again and no longer hear the 3 second tone when going into gear that the faulty front sensor was triggering, I just want to become more educated on the impact of the changes I performed.

Thanks for any insights!

Old 02-25-2024, 03:18 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 212 Likes on 186 Posts

I have been getting a suspension fault and the raising slowly message for a few weeks on occasion but last friday it was a few times in the one day, had been planning on rebuilding the front valve block and checking the struts and lines as it was lowering at the front overnight.
Jacking up the front to put it on stands and right away could hear the rush of air escaping and sure enough as i ran my hand up over the LH strut i could feel it, i was due news one since they were original at nearly 17 years old.
Really needed to get a used one just to keep me mobile until i ordered new ones but was lucky enough to find a facebook group member that was local who gave me a pair of 4 year old delphi struts.

bbyer (02-25-2024)
Old 02-26-2024, 08:48 PM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

just curious on how much you guys usually pay for oil change...

Old 02-26-2024, 08:53 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 212 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by wichipong
just curious on how much you guys usually pay for oil change...
nothing, its like a 30 min DIY job.

Old 02-26-2024, 08:57 PM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by loanrangie
nothing, its like a 30 min DIY job.
i dont have a space to do it myself. just curious on how much everyone pays nowadays... ive seen at the dealership its around upwards of 200 bucks...

Quick Reply: What did you do to your LR3 today?