LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your LR3 today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 02:53 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bbyer
I am certain that your battery is now in tough shape but you will never find out for certain as the conditioner over a few weeks of nights will bring it back to near new. It is not really something you can see - well perhaps you can.

Keep a log of the steady state voltage across the plus and minus terminals over the period you use the conditioner. By steady state, I mean prior to putting the conditioner on each day but after a complete engine shut down.

Individual daily numbers will mean nothing but over the two weeks or so, you might see the steady state voltage rise from the low 12s to high 12s or even low 13s.

Have fun.
Thanks! Mine battery now with car off puts out like 12.1 volts have to double check
Well actually if I don't turn car on but turn key in ignition to turn on radio my cig lighter LED volt meter says 12.1. But I've found it to match my direct readings off the battery when car is off. Close enough were I stopped using my multi-meter on it because its fast and ez.

Old 12-24-2017, 10:28 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use a NoCo but anyway... back to LR3's

Fixed some Crapginering today with the defender-esque washer bottle (i have a Lucky 8 bumper so the stock unit was replaced)

easy and now secure and hopefully enough room to move the ARB pump out of the spare battery compartment i may need to get creative with the winch solenoid location though since its also in there. dont think i have room for both in front of the box

Old 12-25-2017, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

Installed a trailer wiring harness on the 07 and hooked up the trailer for the annual Christmas trip.

Old 12-27-2017, 01:50 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Converted my air struts to coil during the holiday break. Not very complicated but did take some time and patience. Everything worked out fine.

Old 12-27-2017, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

Drove the 07 800 miles into the frozen tundra of Indiana. Trailer was awesome didn't even realize it was there.

Old 12-27-2017, 09:41 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Been 5 months since replacing my D1 with an MY08 TDV6 SE D3, done some small additions like snorkel, cargo barrier and replacement tow hitch ( no longer a plough ).
Picked up an ARB bull bar yesterday that is the wrong colour so need to colour match it to my Stornaway grey vehicle, gave it a wash so its sitting in access mode.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your LR3 today?-img_20171111_124335.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
bbyer (12-27-2017)
Old 12-27-2017, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Looking good

Old 12-27-2017, 10:56 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts
Default roof rail extensions

Last week I saw a 3 with those roof rail extensions that extend the factory rails forward to above the left and right front doors.

To my mind, they gave the 3 a taller look, at least very different that what I am used to, and it looked good. You might consider the rail extensions as they will blend the Snorkel upper bit into the 3's roof line.

I just think that then with the bull bar, you would have a very capable looking 3 that would turn heads. There will be something unique about your 3 that will take most awhile to figure out.

Old 12-27-2017, 11:17 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by bbyer
Last week I saw a 3 with those roof rail extensions that extend the factory rails forward to above the left and right front doors.

To my mind, they gave the 3 a taller look, at least very different that what I am used to, and it looked good. You might consider the rail extensions as they will blend the Snorkel upper bit into the 3's roof line.

I just think that then with the bull bar, you would have a very capable looking 3 that would turn heads. There will be something unique about your 3 that will take most awhile to figure out.
I will be getting a roof rack at some stage and had thought about extensions for the rails, i have seem the replacement full length rails but not the extensions on their own.
Next on the list is a traxide dual battery system which i will be ordering off Tim this week.

Old 12-28-2017, 12:20 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts
Default maybe only full length available

Maybe only full length rails are available; I had thought I had seen a Land Rover factory extension kit, but now I do not see anything but the full length rails.

They do provide a different look however.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Ext...UAAOSw-CpX9SCu

Per the link below, I installed Tim's Traxide system quite a few years ago now; was returning from Southern Alberta a couple of days ago and the ambient air temperature was -30C; heaters worked fine and engine started OK.

https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/thu...php?album=3738

I have a Scan Gauge OBD readout on the steering column and I noted that after first engine start in the morning after sitting out overnight these cooler days, the system voltage increased to 15.2 VDC from the more normal 13.7 VDC when the ambient temperatures are closer to freezing.

I note in the jpg from one of the files below, the readout shows 13.9 VDC and 137F for the coolant temperature with an ambient of -8C, pretty normal numbers for an engine start up on a warmer day. When it is -30C, the numbers look very different - will have to take a picture of them next opportunity - that is when I wish I had a heated steering wheel and adore the heated seats.

https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/thu...php?album=3611

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your LR3 today?-roof-rails-full-length-d3.jpg  

Quick Reply: What did you do to your LR3 today?