LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Stuck! Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Stuck! Please Help!

My 2008 SE V8 LR3 has a window stuck in the halfway down position in the right back seat. Please help with any advice as to how to get the darn thing back up. All windows were functioning just fine until yesterday when I rolled them all down to get a bit of fresh air and the back right would not roll back up (at all). It won't roll down further either. It seems to be "dead" - like it isn't getting any juice or the motor is broken. I've tried to yank it a couple of times and started and restarted the car and all other windows and it seems like nothing obvious is working. I just need to get the window rolled back up - your help greatly appreciated!

By the way, had a blast driving on sandy beaches and trenches recently in the North Carolina Outer Banks with this LR3.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:08 PM
Winching
Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

If you are sitting in the right rear seat and operate the window from that switch, can you hear any noise at all from inside the door (either a one time "click" or movement of a cable)?

If you grab the window and lift up on it, will it move at all?

Old 08-19-2012, 04:12 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LR Techniker
If you are sitting in the right rear seat and operate the window from that switch, can you hear any noise at all from inside the door (either a one time "click" or movement of a cable)?

If you grab the window and lift up on it, will it move at all?
No - no action from the back switch either. No noise such as click or motor movement at all. Also, I cannot lift up on the window manually nor push down on the window to move it at all. Have tried all button combinations while pushing down on window at the same time or up on window. Can't seem to get it moved at all. Thanks for your help and further advice.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 145 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Link to a number of Power Window wiring pdf's and the like.

Below is a link to a number of Power Window wiring pdf's and the like. I do not know it that will help but the problem is probably electrical rather than mechanical. First guess would be something to do with ground points and corrosion rather than mechanical.

DISCO3.CO.UK Photo Gallery - Power Window and Door Lock Circuits

You might also check does the power door lock work on that door - again ground perhaps.

Yes, it might be a dead spot in the power window motor and about the only way I know if it is that is to keep flicking one of the switches - sometimes you get movement but you will be lucky if it is that easy.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Isolator switch? Fuses 7, 17, 30, 31 in central box?

Old 08-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Winching
Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by bbyer

Yes, it might be a dead spot in the power window motor and about the only way I know if it is that is to keep flicking one of the switches - sometimes you get movement but you will be lucky if it is that easy.

One tip I learned for that scenario, is to hold the button in the DOWN position while slamming the door several times. If its just a matter of a dead spot, the jarring action (slamming the door) while power is applied (button held down) can sometimes get it going again.