LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Discovery 4 climate control issues

Old 07-15-2019, 04:45 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Discovery 4 climate control issues

Hi folks,

I have a 2014 year Discovery 4. I’ve recently experienced issues with the climate control. When I turn the climate control down in temperature it continues to blow hot air. As you know the lowest you can turn it down to (in Celsius) is 16 degrees and it continues to blow hot air instead of the ice cold air it was blowing a few weeks back.

I brought it it to a local mechanic and he topped up the gas and checked the system for leaks and checked the compressor, everything works fine, no faults showing on a diagnostic check either but it still blows hot air and it’s summer time in Ireland and believe it or not but we’re currently getting nice, warm, sunny weather 😂

From doing some research I haven’t found an exact description of my problem but from reading other owners climate control issues would I be right in speculating that I may have a faulty control module which had resulted in my air con not switching from
hot air to cold air?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I want to
avoid the rip off LR dealer at all costs.

Thank you,

Peter.

Old 07-15-2019, 03:12 PM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Hi Peter, it could be your blend door motors.

Have you checked for any codes in the BECM?

Old 07-15-2019, 04:02 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by abran
Hi Peter, it could be your blend door motors.

Have you checked for any codes in the BECM?
Hi Abran, thanks for the reply. I’ll keep that in mind about the motors. I’m bringing the vehicle to another garage next week for more investigatory work and will
update if we figure out the issue. We have plugged the vehicle into a computer and there is currently no faults of any kind showing on the diagnostics. I’ll probably get this issue sorted just as our summer ends and I no longer need cold air con 😂🙈

Old 04-01-2021, 05:45 AM
2nd Gear

Hello, I have had exactly the same issue this week, did you get yours solved? If so what was the problem please?

Old 04-01-2021, 04:24 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by George Cliffe
Hello, I have had exactly the same issue this week, did you get yours solved? If so what was the problem please?

I did, unfortunately it turned out to be the air con compressor unit had failed. It’s an awful job getting to it in the engine bay as it’s hidden at the bottom of the engine. The part was expensive and the amount of labour was expensive, but sure isn’t everything associated with Land Rover expensive?! In the end I had lovely cold air again once the compressor was replaced. Good luck with your issue 👍🏻

Old 04-01-2021, 08:40 PM
2nd Gear
Default Thank you

Originally Posted by Peter Brookes
I did, unfortunately it turned out to be the air con compressor unit had failed. It’s an awful job getting to it in the engine bay as it’s hidden at the bottom of the engine. The part was expensive and the amount of labour was expensive, but sure isn’t everything associated with Land Rover expensive?! In the end I had lovely cold air again once the compressor was replaced. Good luck with your issue 👍🏻
Thank you for your reply, if thats what it takes to keep things cool then thats what it takes! Thanks again