LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cooling Fan Electrical Connector

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 02:03 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooling Fan Electrical Connector

Hello Everyone! Been lurking awhile. I have a 2015 LR4 SCV6 and just had the accessory belt let go. Needless to say it tore up some stuff. Broke a bolt holding the cooling fan / belt tensioner. Completely destroyed the wiring for the cooling fan. I already pulled everything out and have everything heading this way but i have run into a snag. The wires that run into the connector for the cooling fan are all stripped out of the connector. I have attached a picture of the wires. I believe I have purple, black, yellow/blue, yellow/green and yellow/black. I have a new connector but cannot find the wiring diagram that matches these wire colors. I did the search thing on multiple forums, bought a manual online that shows the 5 wires, but no luck finding with wire placement in the connector. Looking to see if anyone can take a picture of their connector or has the drawing for it. Any help would be appreciated.

On a somewhat related note, as I had it down already. I changed all of the coolant hoses and crossover pipes. I had a small leak and was adding about a quart of cooling fluid every month or so. The front pipe was trashed, i am lucky it did not blow out completely on me. Please if you suspect a leak and the pipes have not been changed, get them changed out for the new design or you will get bit. The job is doable, took me about 6 hours total,but could probably get it down to 3 now that i have done it once. Everything on the job went smoothly, and i now have new belts,hoses, etc.. so i should be good to go for a couple of years at least.

thanks everyone for the help!

Old 08-09-2022, 06:57 AM
4th Gear
Default cooling fan connector

receiving end. ordered new fan.

I have the identical problem and have no idea where to get the connector. Of course the dealer wants me to get an entire engine wiring harness and that's not going to happen. Where did you get it and does it have a part number? I also have a nest of wire bits that we recovered from the self destructing shroud. Did you solve the wiring dilemma as well?

Last edited by mandd!; 08-09-2022 at 07:00 AM. Reason: added pix
Old 08-09-2022, 08:43 AM
4wd Low

I ended up changing out the entire fan and clutch assembly as the pig tail was trashed like yours and i figured i might as well replace it while i was doing everything else. (i ended up changing water pump, tensioners, crossover pipes, belts etc...... ). I bought this fan from rock auto: MAHLE / CLEVITE CFF475000P {376758301} (Electronic) Behr; Electronic Info Base Model; HSE Model.

I then took the fan with the connector and went to auto zone and bought the correct connector (it was a stock item). I looked up radiator fan connector and there were a few options but the best way to go was to go in and check the fit when picking it up as there are a couple of different sizes that look like the correct one. I had a buddy that sent me a picture of the wiring on his truck and matched it up. I will get you a pick of mine tonight. You can buy the connector for connecting directly to the fan clutch and rebuild the entire pigtail, but since I read many posts about the clutch going out, i just went with an entire new unit. The new connector had just white wires coming out so i had to splice in to the existing wires.on the new connector. Works like new.

Old 08-09-2022, 11:43 AM
4th Gear

DO you have a part number and a brand for the connector? My Auto Zone is clueless so I would appreciate any more information about that part!

Old 08-10-2022, 08:13 AM
4wd Low

The two part numbers on the bag are :

ACC- PT2785
GM# - 13585858

again this is the one that fit the pigtail of the fan i purchased, but i took it to the store and sorted through what they had until we found a match. also - you may want to check your tensioners as one of mine had a bolt broken that needed replaced when i put everything back together.

good luck

Old 08-11-2022, 04:52 PM
4th Gear
Default wiring help?

Got the part and the fan. Now, I would really appreciate your help with the wiring. I only see 4 wires: green and white stripe, blue and white stripe, purple and black stripe, and solid black. then a branch off that is all covered and presumably not involved. Where do they go and what about a 5th wire? Again, many thanks!

Old 08-12-2022, 09:30 AM
4wd Low

Okay, on mine there are five wires, Three are the yellow ones with a stripe on them plus the purple and black as you can see in my picture in the original post Unfortunately i do not have a photo of the wiring into the connector. Once i connected all of the wires to the connnector I put cable wrap around it and taped it all up and then zip tied everything into place. It would be a pain to tear it all back out as i have to pull the air intake out of the way as well. Since you can see the connector without pulling any of this out normally, you just need to find another V6 lr4 and snap a picture of the connector or have a nice person off of this forum do it. My buddy that had an LR4 sold his and now has a defender so he can't help. Good luck!

Thanks
Terry