LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR4 - Does Extended Warranty Cover an Engine Replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2023, 09:55 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation LR4 - Does Extended Warranty Cover an Engine Replacement?

Hi there, at the time of purchasing my CPO LR4 (2015) I also bought an extended warranty from Cornerstone (Xtended Auto) and was curious if anyone here has experience working with them to get a new engine replacement? Sadly, like many others here my mechanic thinks my block or gaskets are likely toast and is recommending an engine replacement after dealing with coolant leaks for the past year. Any guidance or help is greatly appreciated as I imagine the insurance company is going to fight tooth and nail to avoid a $20K+ bill.

This is directly from the insurance document:
Engine (Gas or Diesel): All internally lubricated engine parts including: pistons, piston rings, piston pins, crankshaft and main bearings, connecting rods and bearings, camshaft and bearings, timing chain or belt (must be serviced according to manufacturer’s recommendations to qualify for coverage), timing gears, tensioners/guides, intake and exhaust valves, valve springs, valve guides, oil pump and oil pump housing, push rods, rocker arms, rocker arm shafts, hydraulic and solid lifters; intake & exhaust manifold; distributor shaft and housing; harmonic balancer; valve covers; timing gear cover; air filter housing; water pump; fuel pump; vacuum pump; thermostatically controlled air intake; oil pan; engine block and heads are covered if damaged by the Failure of an internally lubricated moving part. Hybrid/Electric Vehicle: Hybrid Control Unit(s) including Inverter; Stator and Rotor; Battery Sensors; Cooling Fan; Cooling Duct(s); High Voltage Harness and Junction Box; Electric Drive Motor(s).