LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR4 Reliability

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 10:33 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm doing some research on LR4s as a future purchase. Currently have a 100-series Land Cruiser. If you are getting 17mpg that is fantastic in my book. I'm getting in mixed driving about 13mpg.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:48 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey man,
We have a 2010 Range rover that shares the same engine and tranny with the LR4. Our truck and 61,000 miles on it... we have had not one problem with it! We have done routine maintenance and replaced the tires and brakes... thats it! Our rangie has been WONDERFUL! I would highly recommend the newer generation land rovers. We still love our Disco, but our 2010 Range rover is soooo much more reliable!

Old 07-11-2013, 07:29 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ChuckB
I'm doing some research on LR4s as a future purchase. Currently have a 100-series Land Cruiser. If you are getting 17mpg that is fantastic in my book. I'm getting in mixed driving about 13mpg.

Lol I hear you. I came from a Jeep Wrangler and now getting 17-18mpg is a welcome improvement.

I don't have an LR4, but I have a 2009 LR3 which I have not had any problems with.

Rob

Old 07-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChuckB
Hopefully the MPG you are getting is the actual miles driven divided by gallons you filled up with. My LR4 can't do this simple math. AVG MPG is always 2-3 MPG mpore on the dashboard than the actual based on gallons driven vs gasoline filled up with. Usually about 12 MPG with mixed highway/city driving.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:38 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Orkney LR4
Hopefully the MPG you are getting is the actual miles driven divided by gallons you filled up with. My LR4 can't do this simple math. AVG MPG is always 2-3 MPG mpore on the dashboard than the actual based on gallons driven vs gasoline filled up with. Usually about 12 MPG with mixed highway/city driving.
My number is from the car computer. I hope that is not the case for the Toyota or I'm going to start crying. Maybe its better that I don't double-check

Old 07-12-2013, 06:18 PM
Overlanding

Great thread for a LandRover Nubi. I am in the market and looking at the LR4. It does everything I want including offroad. Unlike the Audi and the Long wheelbase Merc. I am glad most of the gremlin have been worked out since my 1999 Disco

Old 07-13-2013, 01:07 PM
1st Gear
Smile

As a past owner of a 2001 Land Rover Discovery II I can attest to the reliability of my own truck. I recently sold it in anticipation of getting the 2014 LR4. I owned it for 10 years and bought it as a new left over in 2002. I put 150,000 miles on it and the only problem I had was a faulty brake pad that was replaced at no cost to me. Other than that, normal maintenance kept my truck free of problems. Don't believe all these people that tell you that this brand is problematic. Every brand is problematic if you do not regularly take your car in for service. I've driven many cars but nothing compares to the stability and solid feel of this brand. Never had alignment problems and I never had an incident where the truck did not start or in any way made me feel insecure about taking it rock climbing.
I simply cannot wait until I purchase my next one. If anyone can give me any feedback, good or bad, with respect to the reliability of the air suspension I would appreciate it. I know past Range Rovers had issues with this suspension. Have the quirks been worked out?
Many thanks......

Old 07-16-2013, 12:49 PM
2nd Gear

I as hesitant to go w/ the LR4 since I had a horrible experience with my last car, an Audi Q5. 3 months and 3000 miles later I have had 0 issues w/ my LR4 aside from a slight alignment issue that I discovered when I picked it up. Night and day difference in quality vs. my Audi. Sooooo much better. Couldn't be happier.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:20 PM
4wd Low

Have a 2010 with approx 33,000 miles. The very bad: 1) on 4 occasions the vehicle would not start(or turn over) - brake pedal becomes rock hard and will not depress. Service department unable to solve so every so often you are stuck
2) replaced fuel injector around 27,000 miles
3) check engine light comes on and then goes away after a day or so. Service department unable to solve
4) rear brakes needed to be replaced at 25,000 miles
5) new tires required at 29,000 miles

It is too bad that Land Rover cannot build a more reliable product because most people, myself included, really do want to love them. However due to the poor track record of their vehicles this is impossible. They truly are the "most reliably unreliable vehicle" around. I cannot recommend this vehicle because of the huge downside of maintenance - too bad as I really do like them. Will be ordering the new jeep grand cherokee as soon as available so not to be caught without a warranty on this beast.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:35 PM
Mudding
Received 78 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Two New LR4's

Bought a new 2013 LR4 HSE about 5 months ago and so impressed that we bought another HSE LUX on Sept 5. Great vehicles with everything we could want in an all occasion vehicle. Had xDrive BMW 5 series before and I can tell you they pall in comparison to the Land Rover. The BMW electrical sstems are so poor and their customer service is ever worse.

We also had a 2013 Range Rover Evoque, Great little car (not on this forum, I know) but a bit small for our needs and the drivers seat is cramped no matter what they say for long legged people. That went as a trade towards the latst LR4.

Only change made to he vehicles is the addition of interior LED lighting for all footwell and courtesy and map lights. Really dislike the yellowish incandescent lights that you can't see by. Other than that the vehicles are perfect. A month is too soon to tell but in 5 months the other has never been back even for an adjustment.

Quick Reply: LR4 Reliability