Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

Adding Jump Seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 05:10 PM
KOz
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Adding Jump Seats

I went out to the local junk yard yesterday because I saw they got in a 95 Disco a week ago. I expected to see it ran through and pillaged.... but to my surprise the sun shined through the clouds, angels sang and the big white guy in the sky presented me with a pair of practically brand new jump seats and all of their hardware. After reading this post on another forum

4x4Wire - Removing the Jumpseats from a Discovery I

I went back out to the yard, this morning, with my tools and 3 hours later and $100 lighter I drove away with all of the trim / hardware & jump seats. Tonight I'll install them.

Just a tip to anyone pulling the seats out: Make sure you have a few Torx T30 bits or 1 really strong black impact torx bit.

The seats are held in with torx head bolts and they are a PITA to remove. I stripped my only bit half way through the job and was lucky enough to find a couple people who let me borrow theirs periodically.

The following 2 users liked this post by KOz:
Jack Graham (12-05-2017), themdg (12-06-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 10:54 PM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a question for you. I have a similar story, I found a wrecked SE7 at a junk yard, and the jumpseats are in the back. I am grateful for the tool specifications to remove the seats, but were you able to install them in your Rover ok? Are all the parts there? My '96 SE didn't come with them, but I was wondering if its possible to install them anyway? Seatbelts and all.

The following users liked this post:
themdg (12-06-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 12:58 AM
KOz
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack Graham
I have a question for you. I have a similar story, I found a wrecked SE7 at a junk yard, and the jumpseats are in the back. I am grateful for the tool specifications to remove the seats, but were you able to install them in your Rover ok? Are all the parts there? My '96 SE didn't come with them, but I was wondering if its possible to install them anyway? Seatbelts and all.
Yes. All of the holes for mounting are under the trim of your landy. Its important to also take the trim and panels from the junked rover inorder to swap them into yours.

The following 2 users liked this post by KOz:
Jack Graham (12-05-2017), themdg (12-06-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 06:08 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by KOz
Yes. All of the holes for mounting are under the trim of your landy. Its important to also take the trim and panels from the junked rover inorder to swap them into yours.
Awesome. Thanks so much! I'll give it a shot.

Old 12-06-2017, 11:07 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by KOz
Just a tip to anyone pulling the seats out: Make sure you have a few Torx T30 bits or 1 really strong black impact torx bit.

The seats are held in with torx head bolts and they are a PITA to remove. I stripped my only bit half way through the job and was lucky enough to find a couple people who let me borrow theirs periodically.
Thanks for this tip! I'll be helping Jack remove the seat(s). We have a nice impact set, and we'll take a few spare T30's as well, along with various bars...breaker or otherwise.

The following users liked this post:
Jack Graham (04-17-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 10:18 PM
Drifting
Default Follow - Up and Thanks

Originally Posted by KOz
That worked great! Thanks so much for the info! I was able to have my old trim out and get the seat and new trim in, in a few hours. Works like a charm now. Thanks so much again!

Attached Thumbnails Adding Jump Seats-img_2537.jpg   Adding Jump Seats-img_2551.jpg