Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

Did A Great Job to Vehicle Interior

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 03:40 AM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Did A Great Job to Vehicle Interior

I am here "Great" does not mean how hard the job was but the meaning of the job. Guess what i just finished installing waterproof strip LEDs on vehicle.

I installed some LED strips for my interior, what you can do to get them for cheap is call a major producer of LED strips and ask for some cut-offs or any extras they have laying around and be creative with the conversation because they don't just give away free crap to anyone who asks.

My LEDs are from a facebook friend, 5m 12 V Green waterproof strip LEDs, cheap and high quality.

https://www.facebook.com/lindaobd/po...91960571052942

There are many color options and i love green color. But please make sure that the LEDs you buy are the voltage of your vehicle!!

Mine were installed under the dashboard

The tool needed
You need:
-paint stick or similar
-LED strips
-wire
-soldering iron
-solder
-cable (zip) ties

1: get a paint stick or something similar that is long and stiff , make any necessary cuts and holes for proper mounting. I just used cable-ties for mounting

2: With a soldering iron, make some leads on the LED strip so you can later connect it to a power source.

3: Stick the LED strip to the paint stick and mount it underneath the dash.

4: Find a power source (i used the socket from the stock lights) and tap into it somehow (crimp, solder, or whatever works for you)

5: Test connection and the manual states better wait for 24 hours testing.