Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

360 Surround View - New D5 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2021, 12:45 PM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Drake Anderson
Jump to 4:30 in this YouTube...it's like a full-time lane keep asssit when ACC is on. You just have to keep your hands on the wheel and it keeps the car centered in the lane, even through curves, etc.

ACC with Steering Assist

iGuide doesn’t even mention it. All it refers to is whether the indicator light is on or off. Strange. Lane Keep Assist is supposed to keep you between the lines and steer through curves. It operates independent from CC and ACC. This is one of those things that leads to confusion.

Old 03-18-2021, 12:47 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Pava-Rottie
iGuide doesn’t even mention it. All it refers to is whether the indicator light is on or off. Strange. Lane Keep Assist is supposed to keep you between the lines and steer through curves. It operates independent from CC and ACC. This is one of those things that leads to confusion.
I imagine ACC+SA is more fluid whereas I know LKA is a subtle jerk back into the lane. It's a one time correction (of course can happen multiple times) where ACC+SA is full time, constantly adjusting steering to be center of lane.

Old 03-18-2021, 01:10 PM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Drake Anderson
I imagine ACC+SA is more fluid whereas I know LKA is a subtle jerk back into the lane. It's a one time correction (of course can happen multiple times) where ACC+SA is full time, constantly adjusting steering to be center of lane.

this makes sense. From what I’ve learned (and it isn’t much) steering assist is a menu option under driver assist and works for all three driver assist modes. So rather than having to go into each mode to activate it, you can just turn it on or off OR set it on for the modes you want and off for the ones you don’t. So, I guess this means you can set the car to steer for you in, say, ACC, and not steer for you in regular CC.

Mind numbing. My brain hurts!

Old 03-18-2021, 06:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 152 Likes on 123 Posts

They are different. Steering assist does the steering for you (if hands are on the wheel) - ie keeps you in the center of the lane
Lane Keep Assist is a safety feature - it nudges you back into the lane if you cross out of it. It doesn't try and pre empt to steer for you. Just corrects if you drift over the edge of the lane

Why they don't run on the same camera system and processors is another question altogether...

Old 03-19-2021, 04:35 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BritCars

Why they don't run on the same camera system and processors is another question altogether...
From what I have been told the camera revision is C and not B, I think thats the only difference.

Old 03-20-2021, 09:10 PM
4wd Low
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Good insight. Thanks everyone.

I’m curious to know what the highest miles people on here have on their D5. I’d like to think I’ll be able to keep this thing for 3-4 years, which likely means driving it to 80,000 - 90,000 miles.