Sponsored by:

CarPlay in the USA

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 05:57 PM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cru_jones

the L405 section on rangerovers.net.

there is a long CarPlay thread like this one, and some of the people who have it said it worked great for a little while and is beginning to be very buggy. They contacted landrover and apparently they are already working on a patch.

it just blows my mind how unreliable they are becoming.
Cool, I have been looked over there but did not get into the model specific forums. I wonder why no Discovery forums? I know we are "just" Land Rover and not a Range Rover but come on they have Velar and Evoque forums over there!

Here is an interesting post from that thread:
The patch coming for November it Over the Air !
So hopefully just need to get to 18c and after that can stay out of the dealer for updates!

https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/24...ml#post2225542

Re: Apple CarPlay & MY19

Hi everyone longtime reader - so I received my MY19 Autobiography back on Aug 10th. The car went to the shop last week for the update to include Carplay...worked fine for the first two days but now its TOTALLY glitchy...plug in the phone the car recognizes it and then when i tap the Carplay button..."Carplay not available" - Over and over and over again. The phone recognizes the car as well so essentially cant even use waze on the phone unless I unplug it from the car or use the lighter socket to charge the phone.

Instead of continuing to bug the dealership and service I called up JLR customer service (who I've also become really friendly with considering I had to deal w them to get the car to go 4G on the hotspot...)

Turns out I'm not the only one...they mentioned that since the beginning of the week several other owners that upgraded software for Carplay are having similar issues but they are working on a patch (which will be OTA) but not until November...anyone else experiencing the same?

Old 10-23-2018, 06:38 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

Hi LR4Top - can you explain this comment?
"They also fixed how my accelleration was reacting when I would lightly press on the gas. Again, it's something that has to do with the software that run these cars. "

We have the acceleration issue. We were told they are aware and working on this. But the software update changes engine / gear shift timing/operations so has to go through US emissions testing and certification and they thought it wouldn't be available until next year
So - any idea what they did? Which software etc?

Old 10-24-2018, 07:57 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BritCars
Hi LR4Top - can you explain this comment?
"They also fixed how my accelleration was reacting when I would lightly press on the gas. Again, it's something that has to do with the software that run these cars. "

We have the acceleration issue. We were told they are aware and working on this. But the software update changes engine / gear shift timing/operations so has to go through US emissions testing and certification and they thought it wouldn't be available until next year
So - any idea what they did? Which software etc?
What is this issue? Sorry haven't heard about it previously. Throttle tip in too abrupt? And are you talking gas or diesel?

Old 10-24-2018, 01:12 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It is about this issue: delay in shifting when accelerating from slow rolling.
https://landroverforums.com/forum/ne...t-issue-89581/

The following users liked this post:
2019D5 (10-25-2018)
Old 10-24-2018, 08:28 PM
Mudding
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Well, it's nice to hear that CarPlay is rolling to some :/

Dropped mine off today for the update from 2.5 to 4 and asked to have CarPlay done, too. They told me they didn't have it. I told them that was interesting because I knew of other dealers that were installing it. They said it must be a phased roll out. I asked to be added to a list that is notified when it is available.

Anyway, hopefully, tomorrow when I get it back the new SW will help with my pretty much useless InControl Remote app.

Old 10-25-2018, 03:14 AM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

We just had our 2018 CPO Disco delivered today and.....CarPlay is there! There is also Android Auto on the screen. The GUI is very smooth and responsive, I've noticed the media typically displays generic label art when using Pandora, no biggie but I like to see the album art (it sometimes show - I'm assuming GraceNote is working). So don't let any dealer tell you CarPlay is not out, quite the contrary.

Old 10-25-2018, 07:18 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed that the album art displayed in the background when in CarPlay is very dark (opaque), almost to the point where it is not vidible. Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust this on the infotainment unit? I am pretty sure it is not an issue on my phone or in CarPlay itself. Thanks

Old 10-25-2018, 08:29 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitaliy Kuznetsov
It is about this issue: delay in shifting when accelerating from slow rolling.
https://landroverforums.com/forum/ne...t-issue-89581/
Oy. I shouldn't have read that thread. Noticed it yesterday for the first time. Wife was driving, and she apologized and said that she was still getting used to the acceleration. Hopefully it won't become a thing for her because if she decides it's a car problem then it's a me problem!

Originally Posted by pendergastjm
I noticed that the album art displayed in the background when in CarPlay is very dark (opaque), almost to the point where it is not vidible. Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust this on the infotainment unit? I am pretty sure it is not an issue on my phone or in CarPlay itself. Thanks
Funny we just noticed the art yesterday. Wife noticed it in the dash in between the gauges where it's faded but still visible. We then realized it was also on the main center console screen, but hardly visible at all. Like...why bother? Weird. Haven't found a way to adjust that.

Old 10-25-2018, 09:16 PM
Mudding

Well, got the Disco back today with 18C installed. The tech said the SmartPhone App option was checked during install. However, no CarPlay. Is there a trick to syncing it to the phone other than through the iPhone's General Settings?

Old 10-26-2018, 04:34 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by BchBum11511
Well, it's nice to hear that CarPlay is rolling to some :/

Dropped mine off today for the update from 2.5 to 4 and asked to have CarPlay done, too. They told me they didn't have it. I told them that was interesting because I knew of other dealers that were installing it. They said it must be a phased roll out. I asked to be added to a list that is notified when it is available.

Anyway, hopefully, tomorrow when I get it back the new SW will help with my pretty much useless InControl Remote app.
So, the new SW is installed. I’m cautiously optimistic that my InControl Remote is more reliable. Had a pretty good afternoon.

BUT, they said they installed the SmartPhone package during the update. No CarPlay, though. Is there soemthing else that is supposed to be installed? Or is it not available for 2017 model? The CarPlay screen on my iPhone just searches while I hold the button on the steering wheel.

Quick Reply: CarPlay in the USA