Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D300?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2021, 10:31 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts
Default D300?

Has there been mention of if/when the D300 diesel is coming to the USA? Love my disco but could never own a gasser.

Old 05-28-2021, 12:29 PM
Mudding
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ToiletDuck
Has there been mention of if/when the D300 diesel is coming to the USA? Love my disco but could never own a gasser.
the last diesel one could get was a TD6 in either the Sport or Full Fat. If you check the 2022 build spec for those models now in the US, even the TD6 is gone. So at the moment, there are no diesels for any LR product for the US that can be ordered. Crazy if you ask me.

For whatever reason, it seems like JLR doesn't want to get the new Dxx MHEV's certified. They don't show up in any government database that I can find.

Old 05-29-2021, 01:01 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by eelpout
the last diesel one could get was a TD6 in either the Sport or Full Fat. If you check the 2022 build spec for those models now in the US, even the TD6 is gone. So at the moment, there are no diesels for any LR product for the US that can be ordered. Crazy if you ask me.

For whatever reason, it seems like JLR doesn't want to get the new Dxx MHEV's certified. They don't show up in any government database that I can find.
That’s a heartbreaker because the TD6 is awesome. I love the range I can get and the way it drives feels so dang good. Guess I’ll just keep hanging on to what I got and check out the F150 lighting when it rolls out. Can’t get anything with less towing.

Old 06-01-2021, 09:53 AM
Mudding
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Same page. I'd love to see that D300. We've got 2 years left & perhaps JLR will come out with something by then given they've pledged to get off ICE fully by 2030?

I've spent time in a client's F-150 hybrid, and pretty sure I'll be able to do similar with a Lightning. I like the idea of a Rivian but for the looks.

Originally Posted by ToiletDuck
That’s a heartbreaker because the TD6 is awesome. I love the range I can get and the way it drives feels so dang good. Guess I’ll just keep hanging on to what I got and check out the F150 lighting when it rolls out. Can’t get anything with less towing.

Old 06-01-2021, 10:12 AM
Mudding
Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm done with any automaker who abandons ICE altogether; the demand just isn't there but the politicians forcing/promoting EV's believe that if you had no choice, you would love it. Electric motors are cool, but batteries are neither green nor free, and their power density just isn't there (or anywhere close in being able to replace diesel.) The closest to the US that you can get a D300 in a Defender or a Discovery is Panama. Not sure if you could import and register that into the US. F'n politics at play, it's not the superior level of technology in the current state of batteries. CARB are environmental terrorists, IMO.

Last edited by AirRyan; 06-01-2021 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:42 AM
Mudding
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by dinkeldorf
I like the idea of a Rivian but for the looks.
yeah, the Rivian R1S looks nice, just don't need a Lincoln Navigator sized vehicle.

This is further fall-out I'm afraid from VW's diesel gate. Neither VW and its offspring (Audi etc.) nor Mercedes Benz import diesels anymore to the US. And earlier this year Mazda announced dropping it as well. Americans just have a ridiculous view of consumer diesel in my view... unless they only buy domestic pickups.

Definitely mention your unhappiness to your dealer as they have regular feedback meetings with corporate.

Last edited by eelpout; 06-01-2021 at 11:44 AM.
Old 06-01-2021, 02:05 PM
Mudding
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

True, we have VAG to thank for the death of consumer diesel (I quite liked their diesel hybrid idea).

I had hoped JLR would do PHEVs or EVs and Diesels for towing.

Let's see where the price / performance curves end up, it at least looks promising.

Originally Posted by eelpout
yeah, the Rivian R1S looks nice, just don't need a Lincoln Navigator sized vehicle.

This is further fall-out I'm afraid from VW's diesel gate. Neither VW and its offspring (Audi etc.) nor Mercedes Benz import diesels anymore to the US. And earlier this year Mazda announced dropping it as well. Americans just have a ridiculous view of consumer diesel in my view... unless they only buy domestic pickups.

Definitely mention your unhappiness to your dealer as they have regular feedback meetings with corporate.