Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIscovery 5 td6 tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2022, 07:37 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
Default DIscovery 5 td6 tune

Ive been looking at getting a tune don't want to do ecu unless someone can find me a good one in Canada which I cant find but any tuning chips that actually work and have been tested will be greatly appreciated let me know what you guys are running

Old 12-21-2022, 09:11 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

I went ahead and got us the Bluespark unit similar to what I had on my Pepper. Unfortunately, our Disco is in the shop with no certain ETA for an EGR valve and sensor. It just now says "Jan". Starting to look like the battery ground stud problem. Going on one month total of Service Dept time. We have a Jag base model Fpace to drive so we're not walking or renting at least . . .

I will update the NANOsecond I have it on. It took a full second off 0-60 on my Pepper, helped turbo lag, and even helped light throttle mpgs a bit [on the setting I was using]. If I get similar with the Disco, I will be VERY pleased.

Old 05-28-2023, 11:36 PM
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LR disco 5
Ive been looking at getting a tune don't want to do ecu unless someone can find me a good one in Canada which I cant find but any tuning chips that actually work and have been tested will be greatly appreciated let me know what you guys are running
I am new to this forum (first post) and new to the Disco 5.
I have found a company in Oliver BC who tune. They have yet to develop an OBD solution for my 2018 diesel but have referred me to a local shop tin Vancouver to have it removed and re-chipped on the bench. Hoping for a call from the shop tomorrow to book me in for an appointment sometime this week.
I am not sure of the protocols here for recommending stuff and as the work has not been done yet it would be meaningless anyways. But I did some research first and spoke with them on the phone and they seem pretty straight up.
They are a couple of British guys who came here a bunch of years ago after starting tuning there. Others in Canada might want to check them out. They seem to have a full service shop with exhaust modifications etc.

The following users liked this post:
gmfain (05-31-2023)
Old 06-01-2023, 10:54 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 78 Likes on 59 Posts

I’d bought one from one of those chip companies and it wasn’t worth a damn. VelocityAP seems to be the only tune people rave about.

Old 06-01-2023, 09:24 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

And, sadly, I've been too busy to even get the Bluespark unit on. Will advise when I do though.