Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discovery Tailgate alignment and rear light cap issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 11:40 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Discovery Tailgate alignment and rear light cap issue

Does anyone has an tailgate alignment issue on you D5? I recently noticed my D5 has a tailgate alignment issue. The tailgate looks higher on the right side when it is closed. This might cause another problem for my bumper and rear right light cap, which has a big gap from the bumper. See below photos for detail.
I brought my car back to the dealer, and they said everything is fine and installed properly. It is a "Design issue". They also show me other D5 in the service center which have similar issue like me. However, those cars' problem are minor than mine.
Just wondering whether anyone has similar issue like me.

Thanks.

Jeff

Old 02-22-2019, 03:55 AM
4wd High
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Chen
Does anyone has an tailgate alignment issue on you D5? I recently noticed my D5 has a tailgate alignment issue. The tailgate looks higher on the right side when it is closed. This might cause another problem for my bumper and rear right light cap, which has a big gap from the bumper. See below photos for detail.
I brought my car back to the dealer, and they said everything is fine and installed properly. It is a "Design issue". They also show me other D5 in the service center which have similar issue like me. However, those cars' problem are minor than mine.
Just wondering whether anyone has similar issue like me.

Thanks.

Jeff

That’s pretty bad. Then again mine is in the shop for almost a month now cause they cant seem to fix the 2nd row seat slide or the throttle lag issues after 4 attempts.

Old 02-28-2019, 03:15 PM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Design issue or not, that read right lens cap is sticking out too far. As for the lift door, it should be adjustable.

Old 02-28-2019, 04:42 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 388 Likes on 315 Posts

The D5’s are assembled by the Three Blind Mice so it shouldn’t come as a surprise. Yea, you are correct it is misaligned and looks like crap. Take it back and have it fixed.