New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Water leaking through Windshield and Headliner!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 05:12 PM
Overlanding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Help! Water leaking through Windshield and Headliner!

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.
We own a 2016 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic with Black Pack and a 2017 Land Rover Discovery HSE LUX with Black Pack. We love both cars.
1 month ago, we were driving in the Evoque and water started leaking through the top portion of the Headliner where it meets the glass in the middle (near rear view mirror and SOS button). What started as drips is now getting worse and worse. It’s now to the point where we have to pull the car into the garage when it’s raining, deeming it “undrivable”. The dealership will be looking at the issue on December 3rd.
It gets worse though... as much as this sucked, I was thankful I wasnt having this issue with my Disco... until today. Rainy day here in the northeast and To my luck rain droplets start leaking from the same exact area as the Evoque. Running

down on the inside of the windshield as well, coming from all different parts of where the headliners meets the top of the windsheild. I’m in shock, as we’ve had no issues with either one of these vehicles and within a month of eachother, both now have rain water leaking issues. Both cars have 36k miles on them but the Disco is newer. Any idea as to why or how this is? Not Happy one bit! Thank you all in advance

The following users liked this post:
StarkGreen (08-19-2021)
Old 11-25-2018, 09:48 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

This is a known issue, the dealer will replace the winshield to correct the problem. Bring it in.

StarkGreen (08-19-2021)
Old 11-26-2018, 09:20 AM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my case dealer just re-sealed windshield, two days, one for work and one for testing, done. While waiting for appointment, i put some plastic foil and blue external painters tape over. Not pretty but I don't have garage.

StarkGreen (08-19-2021)
Old 02-04-2020, 03:36 PM
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2019 Land Rover Discovery

Originally Posted by jvb316
Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.
We own a 2016 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic with Black Pack and a 2017 Land Rover Discovery HSE LUX with Black Pack. We love both cars.
1 month ago, we were driving in the Evoque and water started leaking through the top portion of the Headliner where it meets the glass in the middle (near rear view mirror and SOS button). What started as drips is now getting worse and worse. It’s now to the point where we have to pull the car into the garage when it’s raining, deeming it “undrivable”. The dealership will be looking at the issue on December 3rd.
It gets worse though... as much as this sucked, I was thankful I wasnt having this issue with my Disco... until today. Rainy day here in the northeast and To my luck rain droplets start leaking from the same exact area as the Evoque. Running

down on the inside of the windshield as well, coming from all different parts of where the headliners meets the top of the windsheild. I’m in shock, as we’ve had no issues with either one of these vehicles and within a month of eachother, both now have rain water leaking issues. Both cars have 36k miles on them but the Disco is newer. Any idea as to why or how this is? Not Happy one bit! Thank you all in advance

I am going through the same thing. However, they replaced my windshield and resealed it. Guess what, still leaking. This is my second purchase from this dealership and will be my last. My first was a Range Rover. It is costing me time and money.

StarkGreen (08-19-2021)
Old 02-10-2020, 02:22 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove my 17 RR Evoque Friday morning and I had this screeching whistle coming from somewhere. It got louder the faster I went. On the way home no noise. Saturday the noise again. Sort of guessed it was air whistling around windshield. At lunch today I got in and a couple of drops of rain leaked down drivers door from top corner of windshield. So WTF. I've had it 3+ years. From reading other post I see this is a common occurance. Guess I have to call the dealership. Errrrrrrr.

Old 12-27-2020, 05:29 AM
2nd Gear

My 2016 Evoque is leaking my headliner is soaked so annoyed at how a expensive car can have such a issue.My car has only 5500 miles the headliner is ruined water marks carpet soaked

StarkGreen (08-19-2021)
Old 12-27-2020, 10:08 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

Why Land Rover have not been able to fix factory leaks from the top of the car in all these years I will never know... it’s been a thing with them since as long as I can remember but extremely rare on any other brand.

StarkGreen (08-19-2021)
Old 12-27-2020, 10:17 AM
2nd Gear

I have never has a car do this and for me was baffled why i had so much condensation in the Range rover ,till today the headling is soaked my car was brand new and to date with only 5500 miles on the clock its ruined now i am fuming ..I will call duckworths on the 29th and see what they will do if not i am taking legal action ..

StarkGreen (08-19-2021)
Old 06-11-2021, 11:22 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My stepsons 2015 Range Rover Evoque developed the same fault with the front windshield leaking copious amounts of water. Unfortunately, neither his wife nor himself discovered the problem until after the water ingress had in effect turned the car into a total loss for insurance purposes. Worst was to follow, when the insurance company rejected the claim under the motor policy as they stated the damage was caused by wear and tear.
It would be most helpful if you could inform me of how your front windshield issue was resolved.
Thank You.