Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Incontrol Touch pro Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 09:28 AM
Drifting
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Update 06/13/18
I picked up my Discovery from the dealership after having the service department work on the same issues for the 6th time (read earlier posts). They sounded confident that everything worked fine and back to normal but upon driving away and into the parking lot nearby, I decided to test everything out. The same issues continue to happen. So I drove back and had the service rep sit in my vehicle so I can show him that it doesn't work properly. At that point, the phone wouldn't even connect. I demanded and told him I will NOT take my Discovery home until they fix it and that I don't care if they have to tear it apart and change the hardware or reset everything, I just wanted it fixed. So, the next day my service rep called and said that they decided to purchase an entirely new 'module' that controls everything electronic in the vehicle. They bypassed all approvals to get this done. The 'module' arrived, they installed it, and they tested the crap out of it. And it actually works fine....well, almost. When I picked up the vehicle I made sure the service rep sat in my vehicle and tested it out with him. We had to reconnect to my navigation account, test a pre-set phone call button, etc. Everything worked fine. It maintained its connection without any disconnect. Fine. He said that the module was LR's updated one. The one that I had was an earlier version because my BTO was one of the first to arrive in the US. BUT I still have issues disconnecting every once in a great while. It depends on if the car wants to cooperate or not. Very frustrating. I contacted LR corporate myself and files a complaint. Hopefully they'll listen and fix these issue. My new module fixed the issues BUT it now works 90% of the time which is better than not at all. I plan on paying this car off in the next year and get rid of it. Its ashame that LR made this vehicle that they didn't bother to fully test it before rolling it out. The quality control is the issue as well since the car has too many plastics that are just cheap and don't hold up. So if your issues haven't been resolved, demand for them to change the module that controls all the electronics of the vehicle. This also goes for those who are dealing with their back-up camera issues. I truely believe that this is both a software AND a hardware issue.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:32 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by stardoc
I've had issues with my screen freezing as I'm backing up. I took the car in several times for this problem. Apparently Land Rover is aware of this issue but no proper fix has been released. Have the dealer wipe and reload the latest update. I would tell you how it's going with the new update but my car has been stuck at the dealer for the past 3 weeks for another problem.
Have them change out the 'module' which is the brain of the vehicle- it controls everything that is electronic. That resolved my issues. I had the similar back up camera issues as well. I posted an update that explains my issues. Having the updated 'module' resolved 90% of my issues. The other 10% is because its inconsistent- I continue to have minor electronic issues. Keep us posted on your progress. Also, contact LR corporate and tell them what's going on. Hopefull they'll listen and fix all of these issues we Discovery owners are having.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:39 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What is the actual name (part number) of this module?

Old 06-18-2018, 09:39 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by MikeinNY
What is the actual name (part number) of this module?
I wish I knew that information. Your dealership should be able to find that out. Your LR service department can also contact LR in the UK to get some help on the case. Part of they job is to do the research by using their resources like internal databases and search for similar cases with solutions.

I'm assuming your vehicle is still under warranty to keep putting pressure on them to figure out a solution and don't give up. Best to you.

Last edited by LR4Top; 06-18-2018 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:50 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just traded by 17 Q7 in for an 18 Disco.

I figured with the updates I wouldn't feel the hurt losing the virtual cockpit and Google Maps integration.

However for some reason I can't sign in. The satellite imagery and traffic isn't updating like on another vehicle I drove.

I can get the remote start and other items to work but I'm at a loss here. Sucks it isn't from my local dealer but they didn't have their inventory listings correct as far as options went.

Emailed Land Rover and will call the dealer Monday.

Oh activated the AT&T trial and have connected the vehicle to external wifi. Seems like it won't pull data. Can't get the browser to load a page either.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:14 PM
4wd Low

Hope this doesn't double post. New user and had an issue posting the first time.

My vehicle is going to the dealership Thursday. For some reason even when connected to hotspots or through the AT&T 3G connection, it will not load traffic updates, maps, or let me sign into my account.

The remote start and other controls through the REMOTE app do work properly though.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:01 AM
1st Gear
Default LR Discovery 5 ICTP issues

Hey all,

New member to the forums, but completely agreewith everyone's frustrations. Just got the Discovery in June, already had software updated due to connected car/ auto stop start / bluetooth not working. Now I'm getting recurrent freezing, crashes, and general uselessness with the ICTP system. I made a custom home screen which promptly vanished the next day, and often have lr freeze to the extent that it's completely useless unless I let the car sit with ignition off long enough that it recycles the system.

I would imagine enough people have issues that were could have class action status if we choose to pursue it. It's exceptionally frustrating and inconvenient to have to choose between no infotainment or not having your vehicle while they attempt another ill fated repair.

For those of you who had your module completely replaced, it sounds like you all have seen improvement?

**Edit: actually looks like a class action suit was filed against JLR for their jags having the infotainment system problems for MY2016 and MY2017, alleging it renders safety and entertainment features useless and is therefore breach of contract and/or false advertising. Didn't come across any such suit for LR**

Last edited by AdLit; 07-23-2018 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:57 PM
1st Gear

Chris Rodriguez... Did you get this issue resolved? I just purchased a 2019 Discovery and am getting this message when I try to log in to the Navigation.

Last edited by Frank Lane; 10-01-2019 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Specific user
Old 10-01-2019, 09:19 PM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by Frank Lane
Chris Rodriguez... Did you get this issue resolved? I just purchased a 2019 Discovery and am getting this message when I try to log in to the Navigation.
I had to escalate it up to JLR USA by calling that customer service.

Pretty sure they flashed the whole unit with the latest update. Wiping it out and resetting everything.

Old 12-14-2020, 02:14 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 78 Likes on 59 Posts

I updated to the latest software and now my iPhone 12 is disconnecting every 5 seconds. Very annoying because it keeps cycling CarPlay as well.