Sponsored by:

Water Leaking Into My 2018 Discovery

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2019, 09:45 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Well....

Originally Posted by Novy!
These drops are what you saw outside. With the dark upholstery, it was not visible that it was wet until water leaked onto the passenger rubber mat. As a result, the airbag in the A-pillar is wet. You can't see it either. Do you think JRL is worried or will work as it should be? You never quite know how much water got into your car and what it destroyed. I would prefer to replace the engine than wondering when the rain or water does not flood somewhere inside the electronics
I must say I enjoy this forum...I did get a headache after reading all of your posts. This forum for the most part is comprised of people who ask a question, get an answer, make a comment...You basically made a whole page of bitching...
I think you would be better served in another vehicle. I bought a 73,000 GMC Denali. I had it for 2 years, hated it and traded it. I lost $20,000 in the trade, so don't tell me how it is to lose money on a vehicle. Stop complaining and do something about it. I for one don't want to hear it.
Bye....

Old 12-18-2019, 09:49 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho123
I must say I enjoy this forum...I did get a headache after reading all of your posts. This forum for the most part is comprised of people who ask a question, get an answer, make a comment...You basically made a whole page of bitching...
I think you would be better served in another vehicle. I bought a 73,000 GMC Denali. I had it for 2 years, hated it and traded it. I lost $20,000 in the trade, so don't tell me how it is to lose money on a vehicle. Stop complaining and do something about it. I for one don't want to hear it.
Bye....
Why so Grouchy, Groucho?

Old 12-19-2019, 12:58 AM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho123
Bye....
I see that the JLR lobby works well.
To the point.
Driving a car with such a disadvantage can end tragically for anyone who has experienced this disadvantage. If you have imagination, imagine you are driving a car and suddenly it starts to rain. After an hour, a glass leak that you can't see reaches the car's electronics and a short circuit is taking place that deprives your speeding car of electricity. You can't stop or turn the steering wheel, and it happened during a turning maneuver or any other. You have two children in the back seat and a wife in the front. Is an accident happening? Do you still have a smile on your lips? Do you understand something I wrote?
I understand that the forum is sponsored by the JLR team, but such problems should be spoken out to everyone. Only lawsuits against JLR are able to force this company to admit its mistake and announce a global service action. before someone gets hurt.
Of course, this should be tantamount to payment of compensation. It doesn't matter if the car was new or bought as used, anywhere in the world.
This should happen a long time ago.
As you can see, not many of you are aware of what happened to their car. I'm sorry. America is a strange country. Rather, a small number of people in the US, as in the case of the VW scandal, can take care of their interests.
Best regards and good luck.

Last edited by Novy!; 12-19-2019 at 01:05 AM.
Old 12-19-2019, 05:28 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,209 Posts

There you go again making blanket accusations. No one here works for JLR, nor is the forum sponsored by them.

It's apparent all understand your point of wanting money for a warranty repair and disagree with your assessment of the situation.

It is also apparent that everyone is tired of it

The following 3 users liked this post by ArmyRover:
andries (12-19-2019), Groucho123 (12-19-2019), spyderbret (12-19-2019)