New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water Leaking Into My 2018 Discovery

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 07:59 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

There’s another thread on this as well. I got a new windshield replacement from the dealer after two different leaks.
I recommend anyone while still Under warranty get a new windshield. There is a service bulletin out there for it.

The following users liked this post:
StarkGreen (08-19-2021)
Old 12-10-2019, 08:00 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Old 12-10-2019, 11:35 AM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is at the dealer now... water dripping from the top of the windshield on the passenger side, six inches in from the pillar. New windshield is being installed. Hopefully no electrical damage. Seems like all of the leaks are in the same location. Very strange.

StarkGreen (08-19-2021)
Old 12-10-2019, 01:45 PM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by maximkuzmenko
has anyone had any issues with water leaking into the car? We got caught in quite a snow storm in Lake Tahoe during a ski weekend and to my massive surprise and disappointment the far has a massive water leak.

The water is coming in all along the passanger tide front pillar and the front eindsheild along the roofline. The amount of water coming in was even more surprising as it’s effected the dash and the whole pillar as well as part of the enterior of the roof.

I have reached out to Land Rover USA as something like this has some safety potential as this can impact the operation of the airbag located in the pillar assembly.

Let eto me know if you have a simmilar issue and how you were able to resolve it.

Thanks!
Hello. Most likely I have the same problem. I noticed water in the right front seat when the car was standing for several hours in the rain. Strange, because the car was washed once on a hand car wash, and there was no water on the seat. An incredible story. A car for 100,000 dollars and water pouring from the windshield .... After the story with the trunk lid, it's time for water from a leaking glass. What will be next? Will the wheel fall off?

StarkGreen (08-19-2021)
Old 12-10-2019, 08:54 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Any 19s or 20s having this? My sales dude told me the line stop ship while mine was on it [why mine took so long to build?] was mainly over this problem. Curious if he was right or just BS?

Old 12-11-2019, 12:03 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 87 Likes on 67 Posts

Ours is a 2019 and haven’t noticed the issue. I don’t think I have heard of 2019s having this issue.

I have seen some posts on Facebook claiming heated windshields have this issue due to the elements being to close to the sealent. But lots of non heated windshields have it though.

Does seem that it was corrected starting with 2019s from all the posts I recall.

canon_mutant (12-11-2019)
Old 12-11-2019, 04:16 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by preeble
Mine is at the dealer now... water dripping from the top of the windshield on the passenger side, six inches in from the pillar. New windshield is being installed. Hopefully no electrical damage. Seems like all of the leaks are in the same location. Very strange.
I only have a question. why none of you hired a lawyer to solve the problem? Repair alone does not quite do the trick. We bought the car with a factory defect, which qualifies for a car replacement or a price reduction. Such a law is at least in Poland. If I have such a right, then it is the same with you ...
Such repair as removing the glass remains in the service documentation. Every potential buyer, when selling a car, will demand a price reduction or will not buy such a car ... These are mockery that for the LR service, replacing the windshield is settling the matter ...

This is a scam when LR knows about a defect and still sells the car as 100% functional !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StarkGreen (08-19-2021)
Old 12-11-2019, 12:43 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Our windshield was recently replaced for same. 2019 HSE Lux Td6.

Old 12-11-2019, 01:04 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 229 Likes on 161 Posts

I believe, but I am not positive, that our Lemon Laws, which would require replacemnt of the vehicle, are related only to safety defects, not something that just bothers us or needs fixing. I don't think any subsequent buyer of a used vehicle would not want to buy the vehicle just because it had a windshield replaced (especially when replaced by the dealer). To the contrary, I'd rather buy a used vehicle with a newer windshield rather than an older windshield.

I thought us Americans were lawsuit happy but it appears we are not in the same league as you are (and I'm glad about that). How much money should I spend to hire a lawyer to fix a leak that the dealer has agreed to fix? What would be my damages? A reduction in percieved value to a potential future buyer of a used vehicle?

I think that you should sell your D5 and buy something else, but I don't think there is any vehicle out there that is 100 percent trouble free and that you would be totally happy with. I'm kind of sorry I went to the trouble of finding the fuse information for your complaint about the gesture tailgate on a separate forum posting. I thought you wanted help to solve your issue but you just seem to want to complain.

Old 12-11-2019, 02:15 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ponderosajack
I believe, but I am not positive, that our Lemon Laws, which would require replacemnt of the vehicle, are related only to safety defects, not something that just bothers us or needs fixing. I don't think any subsequent buyer of a used vehicle would not want to buy the vehicle just because it had a windshield replaced (especially when replaced by the dealer). To the contrary, I'd rather buy a used vehicle with a newer windshield rather than an older windshield.

I thought us Americans were lawsuit happy but it appears we are not in the same league as you are (and I'm glad about that). How much money should I spend to hire a lawyer to fix a leak that the dealer has agreed to fix? What would be my damages? A reduction in percieved value to a potential future buyer of a used vehicle?

I think that you should sell your D5 and buy something else, but I don't think there is any vehicle out there that is 100 percent trouble free and that you would be totally happy with. I'm kind of sorry I went to the trouble of finding the fuse information for your complaint about the gesture tailgate on a separate forum posting. I thought you wanted help to solve your issue but you just seem to want to complain.
I can already see how willingly you are buying a used car in which the windshield was replaced because it had a leak and not the car had an accident Returning to the case. This is a matter of consciousness. Someone is selling you a new product, so it should be free from defects. There is a hidden defect in it - it doesn't matter, the producer knew whether or not it doesn't (if he knew, he is an ordinary cheater) - the product is not in accordance with the contract because it is not 100% functional. Simple right? And next. Everyone who has experienced the purchase of a new car in which the windscreen leaks has been cheated. In Europe, everyone believes that ownership is sacred in the US. I thought so to this day. I see that this is changing a lot in the US ... Most likely, it is the fault that younger generations do not attach importance to this, just like those who have fought for freedom and justice in the US not so long ago. Each of us who bought a Discovery with leaking glass was simply deceived, because he purchased a product that is not 100% functional. Probably none of you tried individually, with the help of a good Jewish lawyer to take legal action with the seller - none of you received any compensation that you owed for buying a damaged car. In this forum, there are pictures of cars that look like a swimming pool. And we are not talking about wet upholstery Will replacing the windshield cure all these problems in your cars, do you think? BTW, opening the luggage compartment by a cat, dog or other animal - is funny until it hurts a child or someone destroys the car. If the seller informed me that this system requires that I do not have a pet near the car, I would not buy it, and thus would be $ 1000 richer. It's easy too, don't you think? The car is under warranty, tampering with fuses or other components of the car, without the permission of the service may be the reason for not accepting the warranty. Did you know that?
Regards.

Thanks for you time.Whatever happens, I will try to make sure that each of you finds out that the matter could be dealt with differently, and not with a bowed head to ask for service. Because it shouldn't be like that.

Last edited by Novy!; 12-11-2019 at 02:21 PM.
thompson331 (06-20-2021)

Quick Reply: Water Leaking Into My 2018 Discovery