New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

2013 RR sport S/C LE intro

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 01:19 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 RR sport S/C LE intro

Hi All.

pretty F*****G excited to be posting this. just bought a 2013 RR sport supercharged, limited edition.

got some questions for ya though

1. dealer says to change the oil every 15,000 miles, and it HAS to be castrol syntetic..... seriously? i plan on every 3000 miles.... kinda feel like they want you to F up your motor just in time for the warranty to expire.. thoughts?

2. good sites i should check out for parts? (accessories like grills and stuff)

3. any thoughts on good mods for a supercharged sport? im looking into exhaust and a chip, but i really dont know much on the subject.

4. if you were me, any mods you'd be buying the very next day? lemme know!

sorry if the pic doesnt work...still learning this new forum

-Boom!

Attached Thumbnails 2013 RR sport S/C LE intro-rrsp2.jpg  
Old 12-24-2012, 02:25 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

A. you can't chip them, you may be able to change programming but lights come on and everytime it comes to the dealer we erase your programming. Plus it voids your warrantee.
B. Strut makes some really expensive grills.
C. Ironically 15000 miles equals out to changing your oil every 3000 monetarily except you keep the same dirty oil in. But changing the oil reduces pcv issues and less stress on the motor due to clogged passageways. I have seen what extended periods do and granted the parts don't break while in warrantee they just explode soon or a few thousand miles after you are out. Trust me BMW has pvc issues since they went to their extended periods. If you want change it every 3k with regular oil that is good for 5k and you will be fine. Plus you can rotate the tires at every oil change and get more then 20k out of the tires if you are lucky.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:28 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The oil the domestics use in there regular oil changes like dodge, Ford, and chevy are rated for around 5-8k miles. So if you don't want to put the expensive stuff in then by all means just go to a local dealer get their deal on an oil change and bring a filter with you. That way they can rotate your tires and change your oil while you wait for a fraction of the cost. Save you tons of time and money. You will be changing the oil sooner and paying maybe 30 dollars tops for an oil change and by the time you hit 15k it will be the same price but alot less crap in the engine. Plus the domestics are known to give away oil changes and rotations for pennies on the dollar in the attempt to get your business. LR wont and the dealers don't either. It is kind of shame really. So many opportunities to get customers in from other brands as well.

Last edited by Rovin4life; 12-24-2012 at 02:30 PM.