General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Range rover sport 2013 vibration

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 08:50 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Range rover sport 2013 vibration

I have very noticeable annoying vibration in the backseats, I think the vibration is in the whole body but less noticeable in the front seats. The dealer says its the car characteristics and test driven another Supercharged RRS with me which had even worse vibrations.

I don't think this is normal, and need confirmation from other owners. I told them if this uncomfortable ride comes with the car characteristics then I don't want it.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:21 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

flat spots in the tires perhaps.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:43 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Is this under any particular load?
ie: medium to heavy acceleration at approx. 2400-2800 rpm?
Does it vibrate through the floorpan?
Is there an audible boom noise?
There is a TIB that address' this issue. (LTB00305NAS2)
Have your dealer look it up
Not sayin' that this will cure your particular problem.
Thats where I'd start with both trucks..
And remember dealing with problems in a positive manner gives you a geater
chance of positive results.

Cheers

Last edited by threalassmikeg; 02-20-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:44 PM
4th Gear

the dealer looked at it 3 times, they said that they swapped and rebalanced the tires. It is their job to find what is causing the problem and fix it, but they are trying to convince me that this is normal. I am not that stupid...

The vibration is noticeable when the car is moving, even at 40km/h you can feel at the back seat that this uncomfortable. It stays there even at higher speed, but the vibration frequency changes. I thought it might be the tires at first, I told the dealer to try another set of tires but they refused saying this tires are the best and showed me paper results. And tried to convince me that this is from the car characteristics.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:00 AM
Rock Crawling

Please follow my instructions and have the dealer look up the tech bulletin # I supplied to you,
and ask them to install the damper on the transfer box as it is described in the bulletin.

Cheers

Last edited by threalassmikeg; 02-21-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:57 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by threalassmikeg
Please follow my instructions and have the dealer look up the tech bulletin # I supplied to you,
and ask them to install the damper on the transfer box as it is described in the bulletin.

Cheers
they told me that they added a damper, which was missing from this model. This damper transferred the original vibration that was only in the steering wheel to the car body. At conclusion, the dealer knows there is a vibration in all 2013 models and said they can't fix it. With a dealer like this, which supposed to service the car for 3 years I think I will have more problems in the future that they will say they can't fix. I am going to return the car and get some of the money to buy another car that doesn't have vibration in its characteristics. They are ripping me off, because they say the vibration is normal and not a fault from the supplier/dealer. In addition to more bs such as "the car wasn't made for roads, you should drive it in rock, mud, sand or snow". This is the only LR dealer in the country, so I can't complain or try a different dealer.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:47 AM
Rock Crawling

Have you read the dispute resolution supplement of your owners handbook
I guess that would be the next logical step.