New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

97' D1 in southern Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 08:48 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97' D1 in southern Ohio

Hello fellow Rovers. It's great to find a place to share this adventure that's about to start.My story starts a few years ago when I made a silly comment to my wife I'd like to have an old D1 to play with. She's sneaky by nature so she found a fine creature with some body damage from a deer collision. She managed over the next few months to get it to a body shop, a garage for a once over and surprise me with it. Surprise it was, seemed the garage couldn't figure out the miss. It took me one drive around the block to know it was missing cam lobes. In for a penny, in for a pound. another few K in a complete motor build. I'm a bit meticulous about how things are done I guess. So here we are, 2 years and the cost of a house later, all the quirks are gone. Now comes the fun part, My 16 yo daughter has fallen in love with it and decided to claim it as her own. She wants a hardcore off road expedition trekker built with it. Have a massive list of wants, but starting with the needs. 2" TF Medium lift, 235/85 tires, undecided on brand, Armor, ARB on both ends with GBR 4.14s and HD axles. Winch and snorkel rounds out the list I believe. Try to keep photo albums up with the progress and any ideas and input from those that lost their mind long before me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all and happy trails. Rob

Old 04-02-2013, 10:18 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi and welcome to the forums.
I am new here myself.
I live about 1.75 hours northeast of you in Athens.
Hoping to get my Disco 2 in order and beefed up a bit for some trail rides.
Once everything is set up I will be arranging some camping/trail rides in KY and West VA and maybe some in Ohio if I can find some nice spots.
I will keep you in mind for just such an event.

Until then....

Old 04-03-2013, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Perhaps daughter will join the mechanical mayhem and pick up a wrench..... mine hasn't...