New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

disco newbie

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 12:46 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default disco newbie

Hi Everyone,

We just bought a 1995 disco last week...yes...it's 10 years old...but its all new to us. We have wanted a Disco for some time now...but as they say "We have champagne taste on a Kool-Aid budget"...he he.

I was thrilled to find this forum. It will be very nice to share the Rover enthusiasm with others. When we bought the car we knew there were a few things that needed work...and some of our questions have already been answered due to scanning through your posts. So...Thank you!

We have been extremely happy with the car until today...for some reason...out of the blue...the car just wont start. [&o] But I'll go into that on a proper thread....another time.

Anyhow...I'm still very excited to have my Disco...and especially to have found this site!

Old 02-02-2005, 09:33 PM
Drifting
Default RE: disco newbie

Congratulations on your Disco purchase. Welcome to the wonderful world of Rover headaches. Let me know some more about what your vehicle is doing and why it wont start. Thanks, Rusty Owens HR Motorcars.

Old 02-02-2005, 10:15 PM
4wd Low

Thank you Rusty! Happy to be here. Its so nice to know there are others (via this site) that share a love for Rovers. We live in "GM" country... so many folks around here have never even heard of a Land Rover...he he. Friends would ask what kind of car I was looking for and after answering they would either give me a strange look or ask "a what"? Now that they have seen it...I get..."ohhh...that is cool".

As for Rover headaches...LOL...there are headaches with any type of car...esp. a 10 year old car. Actually...the first thing I ordered for our disco was a Haynes Repair Manual....he he. I did post my problem over in DISCOVERY: https://landroverforums.com/m_757/tm.htm hoping that was the correct area to ask such questions. Please let me know if I put it in the wrong place.

Thanks again for the Welcome!

Old 02-03-2005, 04:19 AM
Rock Crawling

Welcome to the forum, and have answered your question partly, need more info...

Old 02-03-2005, 09:51 AM
Drifting

Look on ebay for a repair manual on disc, guys sell them for like 10.00 or less. thanks, Rusty

Old 02-03-2005, 11:55 AM
4wd Low

Thanks Rusty and Lighting. We do have a Haynes Repair Manual...so that should help replacing anything we need...the baffling part is figuring out out what problem actually is. I added more info at the Discovery thread. Please know I appreciate your help.

Old 03-07-2005, 12:27 PM
4wd Low

Hi Guys,
Just wanted you to know we finally had to take the Disco to the shop...oh joy! Its been quite a month...he he. They couldnt get her in for a few weeks. Anyway, it turned out to be the starter...and the spark plugs...and the list went on. We also had them look at the heater and that too was fixed. However, a few days later she over heated...the water pump belt came off and then a pulley (I think thats what is was called) cracked....he said he had never seen that happen before. So...low and behold we havent had the truck much. Now she is making a little gurgle or whoshing sound. Guess she'll be visiting the shop again soon. Oh well..still love the truck! Just wanted to give you an update! Thanks for your help!

ashby1