New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New 2000 Discovery owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 08:15 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2000 Discovery owner

Hello Group,
My story of my new 2000 Disco:

Lets rewind first to Dec 2009. I went to Vegas to visit a very close friend of mine, he owns a small wrecker service and holding yard. Well 3 days before i was going to return back to Texas he got a call in the morning form a home owner who evicted a renter 1 month prior and asked if he would tow a vehicle off her property. Well you can see where this is going. Anyway we went to her property where she let us in the garage to see this nice green 2000 Discovery sitting there. It was very clean. Anyway she told us the story about this guy getting in trouble and ended up going to prison for 5 years and the family came and took everything except the Discovery because it had a lien on it and they did not want to have to deal with it. Anyway, he hooked up the Disco and took it to the yard. Well now lets fast forward to last week. I was back in Vegas to visit and do some gambling. I went to the yard with him and saw the dusty Disco still in the yard. I asked him about it and he said that it was his, he placed a lien on it and the bank just signed it over to him since it only had $450 left on the loan and the Tow and storage was well over $1000. I asked him what he did with cars he got and he explained that he auctioned them off to make up for his cost of the tow and storage and paperwork to get the title and so on.. So i asked if he would sell it to me for $1000 he told me no and counter offered me $550 for his cost of towing it and the paperwork....LOL....So i took it. No keys, I don't even know if it runs or anything. I made arrangements to have it delivered to Texas which cost me another $750. So now I have $1300 tied up in a vehicle that has no keys, no battery, don't know if it runs. So I either made one hell of a deal and have me a nice driver when it gets here or a nice parts vehicle....LOL....Lets see what happens Well it is going to be here in about 10 days. So we will see. I will keep the group posted and add some pics of it.

Chris.....

Old 06-30-2010, 09:06 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any updates?