Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

action camera or not?....experience... advice...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

went with contour roam and hot shoe gps for the v1....
now i have to figure out something fun to do with the contour...maybe dash cam off road, that would make for some "what not to do videos"

Old 03-06-2014, 02:37 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty1
went with contour roam and hot shoe gps for the v1....
now i have to figure out something fun to do with the contour...maybe dash cam off road, that would make for some "what not to do videos"
Is it this one Dusty Contour - ContourROAM2 it looks good from the features and spec and has the inbuilt GPS facility you wanted.

Hope all goes well on the 'test' run but I'm sure you'll get it cracked quickly.

I was going to try out one of these as a cheapo action cam and see what it's like. Not 'quite' in the same league as Contour Roam but it might be good fun on the mountain/trail bike and no broken heart if it falls off into the pond or down the rocks.

It's probably just what it is, cheapo, not a serious work tool.

Full HD 1920*1080P Sport Action Camera Bike Helmet Bracket 120 degree - US$58.68

Old 03-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

yep that is the one. $110 at local camera shop.(because they take so much of my money)
I really do not understand the extra features that drive up price on those. if they had not hooked up a 1/2 price deal for me, I would have tried one of those el cheapos................... but I can break anything in any price range. I am good for at least 1 new camera lense per quarter..yikes

Old 03-06-2014, 03:36 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty1
yep that is the one. $110 at local camera shop.(because they take so much of my money)
I really do not understand the extra features that drive up price on those. if they had not hooked up a 1/2 price deal for me, I would have tried one of those el cheapos................... but I can break anything in any price range. I am good for at least 1 new camera lense per quarter..yikes
Sounds like a reasonable deal for once. The French philosophy is the reverse, if turnover drops due to inflation just increase the unit price, especially to regular customers, most normal people would drop the unit price a bit to increase turnover..............I'm still trying to fathom out their business model here.

I'm usually lucky and don't break too much too often but I'm sitting not toooo far away from someone (mention no names) who always says "it wasn't my fault it just came apart in my hands"...................yeah, right. .................where have you heard that one before.......