Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

To avoid the british blame culture

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 06:17 PM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts
Default To avoid the british blame culture

Over the years there has been a trait of ‘blame someone else’ emanating from the wannabes of the UK and particularly in England. Many kids these days want to be pop stars, singers, footballers, celebrities (whatever that means) but none want to work hard and save their money they want others to supply them their living. They want their mobile smart phones, tablets, cars, drugs, nights’ out with their friends but they want someone else to pick up the tab particularly for a house or flat. It’s the State Benefits culture which causes the problems in many situations. There always seems to be a me, me, me or conversely a ‘do gooder culture’ abroad usually supported or funded by mum and dad.
The root cause is boundless ‘envy and jealousy’ of others achievements and wealth often proliferated by social media contact with nasty and vitriolic comments between the various parties sometimes bullying but worse, sometimes threatening.
So we come back to ‘why we moved to rural France’, mainly to avoid the sickening greed culture and ‘keep up with the neighbours’ attitude pervading society around us. The latest car(s), washing machine, dishwasher, hot tub, ride on mower, the list is endless.
Now we come to the nub of the problem, their parent’s house value. Many of the ‘younger’ generation blame the housing market rises on their parent’s and older generations and want a share of the house their parent’s own or want them to fund a house for them. They blame their parents and the older generation for the rising house prices and their inability to forego their childlike lifestyles and greed in favour of saving for their own property. Now we have the moral dichotomy, do these parents succumb to moral ‘blackmail’ and ‘downsize’ their property to fund their offspring’s indulgences or do they tell them the truth about how hard they had saved and gone without to afford their house and their offspring’s education etc.
In my honest opinion we should be perfectly honest and tell the offspring’s to save their own money, have less ‘goodies’ and rubbish and then buy their own property and not ‘sponge’ on others to fund their lifestyles. Mortgages are hard to come by but they always were even in the ‘50’s, 60’s, 70’s and 80’s and then they required a 10% deposit paid immediately up front when wages and salaries were far less and life was far tougher. It is my opinion that the indulgence of some parents to the younger generation has created a generation of spongers that want for everything today but require everything now.
It is the new generation of blame someone else, be it the police service, health service, the government (of which many should share the blame for their self indulgence and greed), the schools, teachers, etc, again the blame culture has endless lists of potential people and institutions to blame.

So will it get worse, well of course it will. Even here in rural France there is a tide of change over the past 10 years with the spend, spend culture albeit many are spending money on hire purchase, money they haven’t got and can ill afford.
Unfortunately I foresee, predict, the collapse of society as we know or see it today where it will become the survival of the fittest and people will become superfluous to many and the older generation will be euthanased at 70 years old before they become an encumbrance on health services with illness and draw their state pensions hence to make way for the wannabes and greedy. The modern younger generations have been, in some cases, described as the ‘snowflake’ society, a term I wholeheartedly agree with.
It will be government who make the future laws and decisions but excluding themselves from the implications and involvement.

The following users liked this post:
Sixpack577 (07-24-2018)
Old 07-24-2018, 01:18 PM
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I completely agree, some of the parents I know go into debt so they can afford to spoil their offspring with non essential niceties. however, you can see the child struggle to adapt to reality as they get older riddled with a twisted sense of entitlement. vicious circle.

The following 2 users liked this post by frankfourwheel:
OffroadFrance (07-25-2018), Sixpack577 (07-24-2018)
Old 07-24-2018, 02:26 PM
TReK
Received 480 Likes on 403 Posts

They're called liberals, idiots, or liberal idiots.
The problem is global.
Thank you social media for making "keeping up with the jones's" a minute by minute race. And giving every safe space sissy a reason to cry that nobody gave them what they wanted...or cry because someone "offended" them, lmao! Pathetic!

Last edited by Sixpack577; 07-24-2018 at 02:28 PM.
OffroadFrance (07-25-2018)
Old 07-24-2018, 03:19 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Interesting read Offroad. I agree with most of your statements however I find it hard to believe that euthanization will be the scapegoat for padding the pockets of the 'fit'. What I see happening, in the US, is those that have worked and saved for their 'golden years', won't be eligible for the social security they paid into because the government will decide that 'they have enough' and it will be dispersed to those that 'don't have as much' due to poor planning or financial ruin from overspending/keeping up with the joneses.

I do have some hope for the future, however. I see many productive, industrious, entrepreneurial spirited young individuals in our community who know that they need to work hard for what they want in life.

OffroadFrance (07-25-2018)
Old 07-25-2018, 11:44 AM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

I wish you were right KD but I'm afraid there is little respect for anyone in this world be it age or experience. Some years ago I wrote a post on the 'bots' that would take many jobs from the populace, the 'Bots' are already here, who would have thought that everything you need would be bought online or that driver less cars and trucks would be the norm or people would communicate on social media rather than speak to their family. Today most cars are manufactured by robots as are most computers, we have now entered the age of mass automation for most things. IMHO 10-20 companies run the world and influence the western governments, if you Google the top ten companies you will see just who and why they influence the world. Unfortunately euthanasia is already here, it is already used on the sick and elderly in hospitals by the society which 'they' paid for most of their working lives, sad as it might seem.