Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Just needed to relieve my anger.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 11:05 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
If you look up the price on Rock Auto, it is like $1400. In most states, that is a serious theft charge.
Actually, that's felony grand theft, I'm surprised it took this many posts to come up.

I would go to the cops, I'm sure they would be interested in a felony collar, especially with the end of the month just around the corner.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer X
Actually, that's felony grand theft, I'm surprised it took this many posts to come up.

I would go to the cops, I'm sure they would be interested in a felony collar, especially with the end of the month just around the corner.
Especially if you already know where to find the douchebag. Print out all communication, addresses, etc... Give them a prepackaged collar and have a go.

If the authorities don't respond appropriately and you're in a big city you can always reach out to the local news "crime stoppers" type of folks. Same deal, prepackaged story for one of their reporters and let shame bring about proper response.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:36 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by antichrist
I have a much more productive suggestion, come help me cut and haul firewood. By time we get the pickup and 18' trailer loaded with oak I guarantee you that you'll be too tired to think, much less be angry.
To make sure you're exhausted you can even run my Stihl 075, it weighs 27 lbs.
Tom funny you suggest that, this is the way my dad made my brother and me stop fighting. by helping him do things.

SSL9000J believe me that that's my intention!

Savannah I don't know if counting has ever helped me calm down. Even though as a child for some reason when my parents only counted to three and I was in a better attitude. Oh wait . . . otherwise I would be disciplined. Never mind, counting has never helped

Thank you guys for everything.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:06 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by LRchick
Tom funny you suggest that, this is the way my dad made my brother and me stop fighting. by helping him do things.
I can't believe you're not taking me up on the deal.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:03 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Call the police and have him arrested. If the vehicle won't start and you need the maf and the headlites and you diddn't give permission then he is in trouble.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:23 AM
Overlanding

Karma always prevails! What comes around goes around.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:19 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 02-17-2013, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Love it.

Think of it this way, a guy comes to you home, buys a part, while he is there he picks up your $1400 flat screen. Or lap top. Or lawn tractor. Or $1400 cash sitting on the table. This is what you pay taxes for, to maintain a law enforcement community to protect you from evil doers or all types. Our public servants can advise you quickly on this matter. It is the kind of thing they do for a career, and do it very well in most cases. A police report will allow you to claim it for a theft loss (insurance and/or taxes), if you don't get the part back. For all you know he is on probation for something else, and this could be a quick trip back to the crowbar hotel for the "purple trader".

Old 02-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
A police report will allow you to claim it for a theft loss (insurance and/or taxes), if you don't get the part back.
I'm betting she doesn't have insurance on a parts truck and a lot of home owners policies don't cover vehicle losses, especially if you don't own the vehicle. I doubt she wants to sue her dad.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Depends on policies for sure. But unrecovered theft loss might offer some compensation (tax preparer will advise). A trip to the boneyard can get one for under $50 usually. Or mail the guy a bottle of sodium silicate that has been re-branded as Rover Turbo MPG oil boost. Add entire contents to crank case.

Quick Reply: Just needed to relieve my anger.