Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Needle in a Haystack:

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2023, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,245 Likes on 1,665 Posts
Default Needle in a Haystack:

Well back in the day I owned a 97 RR Vitesse in AA Yellow. I traded it in for a Jeep Rubicon in 06 and I honestly regretted it the second I got into that Jeep. Since then I have hunted down all the Vitesse P38's and never came across my old gal. I put it down she was probably stolen, wrecked or mother nature took it out.

Well today I found it, she was listed for parts make offer. The engine is blown with a hole in the block, and it's been in storage/garage since 2010.... I got a reply then the ad changed to 2k, then in less than 10min it was up to 4k. I traded the flawless running vehicle in 06 for 4300.00. I proved it was mine, agreed on 2k and now I've been ghosted.

I was all excited to get my P38 back, and now I'm upset because apparently 2k isn't enough so they once again changed their minds on the price....

Just thought it would have been really cool to get her back after all these years, but people just aren't what they used to be. No ones word is worth or means anything apparently anymore which is sad.

If someone gets it they'll just flip it or part it out & she was way to good of a LR to die like that. I'd test Arnotts lifetime warranty out, slap a 4.6L in there n pass it down to my kids.

Old 03-29-2023, 12:27 PM
TReK
Received 490 Likes on 425 Posts

Oh too bad, almost a dream come true.
Arnott springs work really well and their warranty is good, but in my experience I had 2 fail catastrophically (different occasions) in less than 2 years. I went back to Dunlops.
My 4.6 P38 on EAS is my favourite vehicle I’ve ever owned (I’m 63 so I’ve had a few vehicles in my time).

Old 04-08-2023, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah it's still for sale, as the kiddo is holding out for every last penny on his FB/MP/Ebay/Auction ad lol. All my friends that were trying to buy it for me all messaged him with the same thing = 4k with a hole in the block and sitting since 2010 = you're nuts. Yeah I was just joking about the air springs warranty. They used to be the bomb back in the day, but I've heard nothing but issues with them especially with say the RRS springs.

It truly almost was a dream come true. It would have been like my own version of Back to the Future especially since it's been sitting since 2010 and I traded it in in mid 06. I would love to get it back, but then ya start thinking about AC control heads, blowers, and all the stuff that is getting hard to find and it makes me just say farewell old gal. At least it was a GEMS P38 so some stuff was more basic. If a rat or mouse hasn't made it a home since 2010 honestly she should be in great shape as I never had a single electrical issue with her. She was extremely reliable and the only 3 things I had to replace which went out while I owned it = RF Height Sensor, 1 AC Control Head, and the EAS compressor. Besides that it was just normal maintenance items, and a few interior bits I upgraded or replaced once I bought it from the previous owners small kids tearing them up (rear center console AC vents for example). I hope whoever gets it restores it vs just parting it out. That's why I wanted it so badly to put her back on the road and hand it down to my kids vs seeing it parted and just sent to scrap.

Old 04-08-2023, 02:27 PM
TReK
Received 490 Likes on 425 Posts

Mines been pretty reliable as well, but it definitely needs more attention than the Disco. It was in decent shape when I got it, but way behind on maintenance. For 5ish months of the year we rely on the D2 and P38 as DD’s to get us through the winter.

Old 04-11-2023, 08:32 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 365 Likes on 284 Posts

As 1 of 125, I assume it was this one? A buddy in H-town sent it to me and asked if I wanted to go look at it on Fri when I'm down there but we haven't reached out to the seller yet. Happy to try to lower the guy's thinking for you.

Old 04-14-2023, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

Thats my old Vitesse yep, last I heard the young man said his dad is now going to keep it. Just crazy see it after all these years looking just like the day I traded it in minus the Safety Device roof rack (guess they sold it). Those rims were on my D2 and I kept the off road set I had on the Vitesse.

Old 09-23-2023, 12:56 AM
Super Moderator

Eh it just wasn't meant to be, it'll sit until a mouse gets inside of it and eats all the electronics making it worthless.