Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Please add more information in maintenance posts

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 11:49 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 846 Likes on 633 Posts
Default Please add more information in maintenance posts

I’m getting old and grumpy so this is a pet peeve of mine. I’ll post this then get off my soap box....

I’ve seen here and other forums is when people post a problem then they post minimal info on how they fixed the problem.

Forum member post:
My conniption valve went bad. Replaced it and now it works.
Ok... that’s great that they fixed their problem. But if they could elaborate more on how they fixed it would help out other forum members immensely...
1) tell us where they got/bought the part from
2) tell us the exact part number of the part
3) if they have the time, tell us, in a quick synopsis, the process how they fixed the problem, i.e. best practice/way to complete the maintenance action, any snags they found while completing the process, torque values they found, etc...

Ok. I’m done. Lol

Old 02-23-2018, 07:15 AM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by JUKE179r
I’m getting old and grumpy so this is a pet peeve of mine. I’ll post this then get off my soap box....

I’ve seen here and other forums is when people post a problem then they post minimal info on how they fixed the problem.

Ok... that’s great that they fixed their problem. But if they could elaborate more on how they fixed it would help out other forum members immensely...
1) tell us where they got/bought the part from
2) tell us the exact part number of the part
3) if they have the time, tell us, in a quick synopsis, the process how they fixed the problem, i.e. best practice/way to complete the maintenance action, any snags they found while completing the process, torque values they found, etc...

Ok. I’m done. Lol
X1 .................

Not half as 'grumpy' as me JUKE179r, you're only a beginner. I always thought, maybe stupidly, that forums were there to share issues and resolutions for the benefit of others, but I totally agree with your sentiments as many solve their problem and that's the last one ever hears of them until the next problem. On LR's whatever the model there are nuances and issues that need to be shared as with any ageing vehicle where enthusiasts are involved. If we all turned a 'blind eye' to others issues how boring most forums would become, I for one would disappear ........... hooray I hear some say . IMHO everyone has an input, it then requires the OP to sift the info for themselves, as the saying goes "a problem shared is a problem halved" and I can assure you I have learned much from this and another Pajero forum in the past. Although I have to admit I do like some 'banter' occasionally also