Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Warranty or No?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 11:03 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Warranty or No?

Hey all, just curious on something. I took my 99' disco II in for some work to a Land Rover dealer on March 24th. While doing their check they found the front axle seal was leaking on the Left side. So while replacing seal they found damage to the axle itself. They replaced the entire axle with an aftermarket one and also did Ujoints. First, I never had a vibration before I took it there and now at 50-52 mph I have one in the steering wheel so I called and they said basically, oh well, so I took it to have the tires balanced. They were, as it turns out, out of whack, but still have the jiggly steering wheel so have just been living with it. The check engine light has also been on since I left there. Codes say O2 sensor bank 2 sens 1, have cleaned the MAF hoping to get it gone but no such luck so that is on going and not part of my question here. Well we are going on a long trip with it and so husband is trying to check tranny fluid as that light is on as well and while under there saw that the front Left side axle is bleeding oil like crazy. Great. So, question is, does the dealership usually warranty work on this situation? Would like to know before I go in there with guns blazing, (well, not guns but you know what gettin' at) or will I just be making a fool of myself cause I am in total freak out mode!
Thanx!

Last edited by earlton1; 07-10-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Any shop that did this work will warranty their work and all parts used will have a manufactures warranty.
If you buy a tire and it is bad the tire company will replace it, for example.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

And if needed, work your way up the ladder in a firm but professional manner - service writer, service manager, general manager. Each one has a defined level of authority to resolve problems. If you start by shouting out with the GM you limit the options for a win-win resolution. If vehicle is under factory warranty, there is usually an additional level with the factory zone manager, who can approve repairs to be paid as if they were under warranty.