Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Three Disco I's

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 01:22 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Three Disco I's

One 94 (tan) and two 95s (dark green, hunter green). The original idea was to make one good one with two parts trucks. Things have changed. Family sickness has re-prioritized cash flow, so these have been parked.

They are all pretty rough. They are mostly parts trucks at this point. The 94 has the best chance, as it only needs an engine swap. The others have too many little things wrong with them (and a few big things), unless they will be offroad only.

The 95s have considerable rust in the normal places in the floorboard. The 94 doesn't have any significant rust, because it has no sunroofs to leak. The 94 is in pretty good condition, leather is fairly good condition, it's problem is most likely a cracked block. 120k miles or so. Previous owner kept driving it with a blown head gasket. It has a knock somewhere inside the engine. Could be a slipped liner. It hasn't run in a few years, but it ran fine until it would overheat.

The others run and drive, but aren't street legal without windshields and exhaust work. The 95s have 190k and over 200k miles on them. One runs stronger than the other (the lifted 95 runs stronger). The non-lifted 95 has an SRS light on, as well as extensive floorboard rust.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1141916...CM-h8qLThtiVaw

I'm in Northern Virginia, where they have picky inspections and emissions.

At this point, I just want to avoid scrapping them and avoid dealing with Craigslist. Not in a position to part them out.

I figure they aren't worth but about $500~$600 or so each. Scrapping them is about that price range, so I'm not likely to go lower unless there's a package deal that gets them all off my hands. Plus, I'm pretty sure all of the transfer cases and transmissions are good.

I will not part them out. Too much for me right now, I just don't have the room or energy.

PM me for email and/or more pictures.

Last edited by laser; 07-11-2015 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:49 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 943 Likes on 634 Posts

Are any of the three manual transmission?

Old 07-12-2015, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

What all is on the lifted truck, how much lift?, gears? Cranked arms?

Old 07-12-2015, 02:39 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No manuals, all auto.

I bought them all in their condition, hoping to fix them up. The money for that disappeared. So I only changed out the fluids and cleaned them up as much as I could, and tried to diagnose what needed to be fixed.

I don't think they did anything to the suspension but remove the sway bars and add the lift kit, which I'm assuming from measuring the distance between the fenders for that and the stock discos is about 2 inches.

I'm not sure who's lift it is. It's fairly stiff, but I have no point of reference with other kits. They welded diff guards on, and made that bumper (which is very much a rookie welding job), and cut the fenders some, but that's about all they did to it.

The gears might or might not be stock. I haven't opened them up to find out. No locker, I know that. It seems to run strong, so that might be gearing, or it might not be the original motor, since the other motor has similar mileage and is noticeably less responsive.