Range Rover Evoque Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque within.

Range Rover Evoque Shutting off while driving...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 03:11 PM
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Angry Range Rover Evoque Shutting off while driving...

Recently, I was driving my 2020 Evoque (8k miles in it) and as I slowed down on a stop light or on traffic the car shut off completely. This happened 3 times in the same day and it was so scary since I was in the middle of traffic/road. I called the dealership right away to schedule a service and they thought I was an idiot and said they never heard that happening. After I got home, I googled and found out another Forum that people had similar problems with the evoque. Some claimed that the car needed a software update. For some, it solve the problem and others it did not. I just got called to pick up my car and I asked what they did and they mentioned a software update. Let's hope this will solve the problem. Just curious if other people have experienced the same problem? I'm so lucky I did not get in a car accident...

The following 2 users liked this post by jgoebel1:
bloke04 (02-01-2022), StarkGreen (08-23-2021)
Old 08-18-2023, 03:09 AM
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It's the eco-friendly economy function...

It's the eco-friendly economy function...whenever you come to a complete stop, the engine shuts down to save fuel, etc... unless there us a higher demand on the engine like running the Air-conditioning, etc... you can also pump the brakes as you come to a stop to prevent the shutdown... takes a little practice... or you can disable the feature in the system settings...

The following users liked this post:
Steve Dudley (09-23-2023)
Old 03-04-2024, 05:07 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rEvoqued
It's the eco-friendly economy function...whenever you come to a complete stop, the engine shuts down to save fuel, etc... unless there us a higher demand on the engine like running the Air-conditioning, etc... you can also pump the brakes as you come to a stop to prevent the shutdown... takes a little practice... or you can disable the feature in the system settings...
Hello,
My wife is planning on getting a used 2020 RR Evoque with 23K miles on it. I read about this problem when doing research. How do you disable this eco-friendly feature in the system settings?

TIA