Range Rover L322 (3rd Gen) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover L322 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to tow imobilization RR long distance

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 07:02 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to tow imobilization RR long distance

So here's my dilemma, my 2005 Range Rover is immobilized because my steering column went out. I'm moving in less than a month. the repair is going to be really expensive and I don't have the money to repair it before my move. I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to get it from where I currently am in Virginia to where I am moving to in Florida. It exceeds the weight limit for U-Haul car haulers, and it's broken down so I don't think a U-Haul trailer would work anyway because there's no winch on U-Haul trailers for loading immobile vehicles. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get my Range Rover from from Va to Fl ? I have also looked into putting it on a transport truck, but those are very pricey and also make me a bit uneasy after reading some of the reviews.

Old 06-28-2018, 10:57 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by foxifili
So here's my dilemma, my 2005 Range Rover is immobilized because my steering column went out. I'm moving in less than a month. the repair is going to be really expensive and I don't have the money to repair it before my move. I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to get it from where I currently am in Virginia to where I am moving to in Florida. It exceeds the weight limit for U-Haul car haulers, and it's broken down so I don't think a U-Haul trailer would work anyway because there's no winch on U-Haul trailers for loading immobile vehicles. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get my Range Rover from from Va to Fl ? I have also looked into putting it on a transport truck, but those are very pricey and also make me a bit uneasy after reading some of the reviews.
I would never suggest overloading a uhaul trailer, but I see it often. Pulling the Rover onto the trailer would be very easy with the use of a come along tool that are inexpensive.

Old 06-28-2018, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

I have used a come a long multiple times to load a dead Rover on a trailer. Works great.

Old 06-29-2018, 11:44 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
I have used a come a long multiple times to load a dead Rover on a trailer. Works great.
How do I get it in neutral ? It's stuck in park ?