Range Rover L322 (3rd Gen) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover L322 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stereo Not Working Any Help Appreciated!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2020, 11:15 PM
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Stereo Not Working Any Help Appreciated!

I just purchased a 2003 Range Rover HSE and have been going through the paces of fixing all the normal problems that seem to effect most RR's. I have got to the stereo portion of my TODO list and am at a cross roads on which way to go.

Starting from the beginning the stereo display comes on and the "Orange Light" is solid lit on the display itself. Everything seems to be functioning on the display but still NO SOUND.

I then searched for water damage in the rear that i guess is a normal problem. But i see no evidence of any water damage.

While i was in the back i noticed that there were some plugs that were laying around that did not seem to have anything to plug into. Maybe i am missing some hardware? Does anybody know if i am missing needed hardware? These are the pictures of the plugs in question.

This one has 1 black wire going to it and is hanging next to the grounding block

This seems to be apart of the RING system and is laying on top of the Navigation unit. The navigation unit has its RING wire plugged into it already.

Another RING cable. This one sits next to the radio unit.

The first plug in question and it was sitting next to the silver amplifier.

The second plug in question and it was also sitting next to the silver amplifier.

Now for the interesting stuff. I dont believe i have DSP but am unsure. I see nothing on the screen regarding DSP. As mentioned the Orange Light is on solid on the screen. I decided to unlplug the amplifiers and then turn the stereo on and replug them in 1 at a time. I started by plugging in the BLACK amplifier and i got sound! Although i had to turn the radio all the way up and barely can make out the sound but there is sound!

Here is the amplifier i am talking about.

I then left the BLACK amplifier plugged in and started to plug in the SILVER amplifier "Plug 1 which i believe supplies power to the subwoofer" I heard the subwoofer make a noise while i was inserting the plug. This made no change to the volume and i am still getting very little sound out of the front speakers.

Here is a picture of the plug in question.

Lastly i plugged in the 2nd plug into the SILVER amplifier. When i plugged this plug in i got confirmation by the rear speakers making a noise "like the subwoofer noted above" and then everything goes quiet. I lose the little bit of sound i was getting with the volume all the way up.

Here is a picture of the plug that i am talking about.

I have read that its a common problem with the amplifiers going out but i am unsure if that is my problem or not. I am willing to purchase a good working used amplifier but i am unsure at this point which amplifier i need or if i need both? I also dont know if i am missing some other hardware in the RING loop and maybe that is causing my problems? Any information or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!
Chris

Last edited by 2k3evoviii; 01-31-2020 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Links caused suspicious alerts in browser. Links deleted and post approved
Old 01-31-2020, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Please use the picture uploader built into the forum instead of the links thanks

Old 01-31-2020, 10:40 AM
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
Welcome to the forum. Please use the picture uploader built into the forum instead of the links thanks
Thank you for the welcome! Sorry about the links i had no bad intentions.

Chris