Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 12:01 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 851 Likes on 634 Posts

Originally Posted by dgi 07
Waiting for lucky8. To drop more information on

Prayers have been answered...
Thanks for including my IG name in your pic!

Old 01-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 184 Likes on 157 Posts

Wow. Now I know why I can't get a hold of Erik over phone or email.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:58 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rlozano
That looks like fun! That's one thing I've never done is wheel in the sand! Good stuff.
Its great fun, highly recommended!

Originally Posted by number9
When you get the new on try to drive up/down the dunes rather than hitting them.
The new one will have greatly improved angle of approach haha.

Originally Posted by The Deputy
That's quite the debris field you left on the side of that dune. Truth be told, though, a direct hit from a bumblebee at fifty...will do the same amount of damage to that cheap plastic bumper...lol.

I'd surely pay-out/unwind that winch rope and clean...that sand will work like sandpaper.

Thank you, for sharing the great photos on your outing...good stuff.

Brian.
It surprised me just how brittle the bumper is, definitely did not take much. The trip was great fun, next adventure is the woods.

Old 01-07-2017, 01:30 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 229 Likes on 182 Posts

Replaced rotors and pads on the front today, added to my parts list as it looks like the passenger fog light is missing a few bolts and the trim is being held on with caulking as the tabs are all broken off.

Next on the list:

Getting my icarsoft LRII so I can trouble shoot the check engine light. Assuming it is an O2 sensor as there does not appear to be any engine issues.

Rear rotors and pads

check rear seals

start fluid swap in the diffs, tranny, transfer case, and grease all the bits.

Old 01-08-2017, 07:34 AM
Mudding
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Rolled 200,000 on the odometer today!

Bought it in January of 2016 with 165,000 on it and have had an amazing year using it as a daily driver and replacing worn out parts and maintaining it.

I think I'm going to do a write up as a new disco owner and what my first year of ownership looked like. I bet it's fairly typical of buying a 13 year old vehicle and what you have to do to keep it rolling. I definitely had Rover Fever when I bought mine but I'd also spent a few months reading this forum (and others) and went into it with my eyes wide open. And I didn't buy the first one I drove (which is key).

It's been a fun year and I would definitely do it again. Thanks to all on this forum for your postings. I only recently started posting but every repair, upgrade or replacement that I've made I did with knowledge from this forum on how to do it, or how to make it easier. This really is an amazing community and an amazing resource of rover knowledge!

Old 01-08-2017, 10:32 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Finished off the inline stat mod today. Ect reported temps are much lower and fluctuate less overall now.

I still have one scenario where the truck will continue to get warm though. When climbing any kind of grade for more than a couple of minutes temps start to rise and only come down if I pull over. I'm thinking it may be a transmission issue as my truck is heavy and the zf keeps me in too high of a gear due to my large tires that I run on the 18" wheels. So far I've eliminated the cooling system and head gaskets as sources of the problem. I might change the wheels out for a set of 16's and stock size tire that is on my parts truck next weekend to see if that solves the problem.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:06 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,281 Likes on 899 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Booth
Finished off the inline stat mod today. Ect reported temps are much lower and fluctuate less overall now.

I still have one scenario where the truck will continue to get warm though. When climbing any kind of grade for more than a couple of minutes temps start to rise and only come down if I pull over. I'm thinking it may be a transmission issue as my truck is heavy and the zf keeps me in too high of a gear due to my large tires that I run on the 18" wheels. So far I've eliminated the cooling system and head gaskets as sources of the problem. I might change the wheels out for a set of 16's and stock size tire that is on my parts truck next weekend to see if that solves the problem.
Have you tried down shifting manually, while going up hill? Yes, lugging an automactic trans will heat them up quickly, and in turn...heat up the radiator temps. So, not a bad place to start investigating. How many miles on your rig? If a trans gets unusually hot while under load, it's usually a sign the torque converter is going bad, and overheating from load.

Brian.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:12 PM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrisw7562
Rolled 200,000 on the odometer today!

Bought it in January of 2016 with 165,000 on it and have had an amazing year using it as a daily driver and replacing worn out parts and maintaining it.

I think I'm going to do a write up as a new disco owner and what my first year of ownership looked like!
I'd love this thread. I had a Disco for a couple years, during which time it was our daily driver and only vehicle!

we still only have one vehicle (Volvo xc90), but I'm getting the rover fever. The LR3s don't have the same deep discounts as Discos, but at the same time, I'm hesitant to buy another disco, knowing the best I can do is 13 yo. If I do buy, I'm buying from a sunshine state and bringing it back to the Midwest

Old 01-09-2017, 12:32 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

Not what i wanted to be doing, but no choice.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:16 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by dgi 07
Not what i wanted to be doing, but no choice.

This does not look like a fun time.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?