Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lynx or hawkeye

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 05:45 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 189 Likes on 184 Posts

If the rimmer brothers Hawkeye is unlocked for all rovers
The one mentioned earlier is a single vehicle type not for all LRs and requires additional licenses as the Lynx. Neither are locked to a vehicle SN.

Old 01-22-2017, 06:22 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by number9
The one mentioned earlier is a single vehicle type not for all LRs and requires additional licenses as the Lynx. Neither are locked to a vehicle SN.
The Hawkeye is the Hawkeye total and showing it is unclocked for all Land Rover vehicle models up to the 2014 model year. It's not the standard Hawkeye nor is it the pro. I've been trying to do some reading up on it and every site I have visited that sells it, all confirm it is unlocked for all the Land Rover vehicles up to 2014 model year

Old 01-22-2017, 06:25 PM
Pro Wrench
Old 01-23-2017, 05:47 AM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

You're correct, they have changed and upgraded the old basic Hawkeye it appears to be more versatile out of the box.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:38 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 189 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Luckyjayb
all confirm it is unlocked for all the Land Rover vehicles up to 2014 model year
That may be an excellent one to get and no PC needed.

How do I code the keys in on my Discovery?
When programming keys with HawkEye Total on Discovery 2, you need the barcodes for all the keys that you are going to program from the start. You usually have the barcode with the new key, but when it comes to the other keys, there are a couple of probabilities. If you purchased the car from a dealer when it was new, you would’ve received the barcodes in your service pack. Alternatively, the code will be logged in the handbook If you have 2 barcodes, follow this process:
Go to the ‘program new keys’ section and follow the instructions.
  • Press the button of the new remote so the BCU ‘hears’ it, and then type in the barcode from the tag.
  • Enter the * at the start and end of both barcodes. Be careful and precise when entering the code, remember to code all the keys you have. If you leave any out they will not work.

Last edited by number9; 01-23-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-23-2017, 11:33 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by number9
That may be an excellent one to get and no PC needed.

It shows it is still updatable as well so I think I might go with it since it looks to provide all the stuff as the lynx just in a more compact version. I like how it is unlocked for all Land Rover vehicles and will help me when I get some
more

Old 01-24-2017, 09:09 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Is programming important to you?

Please check out a post I just made: https://landroverforums.com/forum/ge...ailures-82623/

My 2-cents, after being frustrated by Britpart's lack of customer support and the Lynx's lack of "userability" would be to go with the hawkeye - especially if it's unlocked for all vehicles.

As I explained in my post, all of the Lynx's programming functions that I have tried to use (key programming, resetting BCU for a heated windshield) require some mysterious 18-digit code that neither Britpart nor Land Rover has been able to identify. the hawkeye, according to other posts on the forum, can perform both these functions.

Another factor that only became apparent to me after using my Lynx is that the need for a laptop is a pain in the a$$. It might be great if you have plenty of space in a garage and can set the the laptop outside the vehicle on a cart or something, but getting everything plugged in correctly and trying to balance a laptop (and not get it dirty) when you're sitting in the cab of the truck is really inconvenient. Sure, you get some nice gee-whiz looking graphs to look at live data, but most of that same information is available with the hawkeye. It just displays as a numerical value as opposed to a colorful graph. I'd rather have the self-contained unit.

If i had it to do again, I'd definitely go with the tried-and-true. In fact, I'm going to look at Rimmer Bros. now, and if I can get a version that's unlocked for all vehicles for less than $400, I'll probably buy it.