Sights N Sounds Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Land Rovers, Range Rovers, and Freelanders.

Bug's Eye View

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

lol....

Old 03-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by grandkodiak
Bugs eye view... I thought you were going to crash the thing into the windshield or somethin.
Ah, maybe next time. Sounds like a plan, although, at $300+ for the Drone, I don't want to hit too hard...
Originally Posted by grandkodiak
Range... 35 nautical miles. Radar crossection equivalency data... B-52. Tactical armament... Seafoam injector smoke decoys.
Oil Slick to Cover Windscreen of Following Combatant.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

The Sea Foam could also mask the JATO system....

Glide ratio is -60:1 ....

Missle capability include the AGM-88 LR variant HARM missle, homes in on tranmissions that set new codes in trucks that pass within WIFI range of stealership.

Last edited by Savannah Buzz; 03-09-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:50 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha it would turn around and hit the Disco from all the electrical interference it puts out with its crap wiring hahaha especially if you are using the ABS. I seriously don't think these trucks are FCC compliant!!

Old 03-11-2013, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

You have brought up a great point. The new LR4 has a warning in the owner manual about not letting persons with medical devices (like pace makers) approach the various sensor panels placed around the vehicle to comunicate with the smart key. So gramps walks over to look at your new ride and falls over. See attached. How are the lawyers gonna handle that if the inquisitive person who gets too close is in a public parking area?

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
lr4 rf distance.pdf (1.15 MB, 165 views)
Old 04-19-2013, 07:39 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Super, you @%$#*& now I got to get one!!!! This is cool man!!!

Old 04-20-2013, 10:01 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by MuddMouth
Super, you @%$#*& now I got to get one!!!! This is cool man!!!
Hehe, thanks! Yeah, it's pretty cool! I've got baby hawks in a tree in my yard. I've been trying to get video of them, but the branches are blocking my view. I'm afraid of getting hung up in the tree, so have not gotten them yet. And, I'm trying to not stress them too much, so have not tried too many times.

This thing has TWO cameras. One HD that faces forward, and a 640x480 that faces down. You can switch between them on the fly, and you can snap photos while flying.

This is what the app looks like when you are flying. You can fly looking at the screen video, or you can watch the drone. I watch the drone mostly.

The rotating arrows switch between cameras, the Record button records video, and the camera button takes a high res photo.

Attached Thumbnails Bug's Eye View-ar-drone-app.jpg  
Old 01-29-2014, 05:19 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Excellent SuperSport - that's a definite 'must have' kit . I saw a new model 'copter for sale in the Bordeaux Christmas market, it was toting a video camera but the problem was learning to fly the 'copter first and then operating the on-board video. This 'copter was about 3ft long with similar sized rotors. I reckon that would have been good fun and also for snooping. Trouble is there are no 'dolly birds' around here worth snooping on, they're all oldies and retired.

Post some pics of your drone as it looks interesting.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:51 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Excellent SuperSport - that's a definite 'must have' kit . I saw a new model 'copter for sale in the Bordeaux Christmas market, it was toting a video camera but the problem was learning to fly the 'copter first and then operating the on-board video. This 'copter was about 3ft long with similar sized rotors. I reckon that would have been good fun and also for snooping. Trouble is there are no 'dolly birds' around here worth snooping on, they're all oldies and retired.

Post some pics of your drone as it looks interesting.
Here's a google search of images. You can see it with the Indoor housing and the Outdoor housing. Indoor has the Prop Guards (rings). I fly with the outdoor one all the time because it gives better maneuverability and longer flight times.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ar+d...&bih=955&dpr=1

They now offer a GPS add-on that allows for Fully Autonomous Flight. Set your path and let it go! It will also return to where it started from using GPS. The video from it is OK, but not great. A lot of people mount a GoPro to it.

I've updated my Battery to a larger one, which gives me about 15 mins of flight time. If you've ever flown a Heli, you will know that's enough time to start hand cramps.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:59 PM
Pro Wrench
Default Latest Quad Copter

One more thing. For Christmas, I got the Worlds Smallest Commercial Quad Copter (Proto X). This thing is SOOOO Tiny, but flies SOOOO good! It's truly amazing! And for $40, you cannot beat it.

Last edited by SuperSport; 01-30-2014 at 01:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Bug's Eye View