Suspension sponsored by Arnott Inc. Talk about your suspension within.

Lucky8 and lrparts reviews from you guys?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 10:41 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had another run in with a total stranger today and we started talking Discovery woes and had a good laugh. She said that she has saved hundreds by using Lucky 8. I asked her if she was a member of the forum and she said 'nah.. I have 3 kids, don't have time for that stuff' but I found Lucky8 on line and was really pleased with their service. A local garage wanted to charge me quite a bit for a new 'u-joint' (I smiled because she meant drive-shaft) - we saved hundreds on buying our front and rear 'u-joints' (again substitute drive shafts for u-joint) from them." It was a hilarious conversation because I couldn't fathom u-joints ever costing hundreds but she was cute and it was fun to talk to another Discovery owner.

YES, I have also ordered items from Lucky8 and have felt lucky to know that they are there. Good service.

Old 08-24-2014, 01:17 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acamato
Justin didn't call you a lier. Lucky8's policy for shop pricing is to have a minimum order in order to be setup. It sounds like your order doesn't meet the minimum.

Their policy weeds out the people trying to get a one time deal by claiming they are a shop.

Having an initial minimum order size with an annual $$ goal is common practice in wholesale.
So what is the minimum order amount? is it a dollar amount or certain number of items?
Thanks

Old 08-26-2014, 10:30 AM
Winching
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by badassbmwm3
I'm a lier?
Never said that.

If you don't think our business are a good match though let me know.

Cheers
Like I said call me direct if you want to open account.

Originally Posted by Fivespddisco
If you need more than a single kit, or general repairs parts like hoses and head gaskets, please call me direct and I will try my best to accomodate you and your needs.
Justin
So what is the minimum order amount? is it a dollar amount or certain number of items?
Thanks
I'm looking at it from a B2B aspect,
You're the only Shop that has asked for special price on a public forum and Ebay. Like I said above give me a call and I will try my best to accomodate you and your needs.
Justin.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:11 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 224 Likes on 194 Posts

I'm a lier?

Cheers
Nope, he didn't. He didn't even call you a LIAR, either.
He was explaining that 99% of the shops he speaks with he never hears back from. And of that 99% a lot of them don't work on Rovers on any kind of regularity or were lying in the first place.
Assuming you're on the up and up you'd be one of the 1% and therefore he wasn't calling you a liar.
Justin and Erik are stand up guys. They handle warranty issues extremely well and are incredibly active in the offroad enthusiast community.
Email sucks if you want a fast response and using a forum is even worse. Call Justin(like he said multiple times) and see what he has to offer.

Old 08-27-2014, 10:05 AM
Three Wheeling
Default Call?

Originally Posted by fishEH
Nope, he didn't. He didn't even call you a LIAR, either.
He was explaining that 99% of the shops he speaks with he never hears back from. And of that 99% a lot of them don't work on Rovers on any kind of regularity or were lying in the first place.
Assuming you're on the up and up you'd be one of the 1% and therefore he wasn't calling you a liar.
Justin and Erik are stand up guys. They handle warranty issues extremely well and are incredibly active in the offroad enthusiast community.
Email sucks if you want a fast response and using a forum is even worse. Call Justin(like he said multiple times) and see what he has to offer.
I've called twice and spoke with them, that's how I initiated this in the first place. The reason why I was asking about them on the forums was because after almost a week I still didn't get a response. Then when I started asking them on eBay they got very defensive saying I don't seem silver as I'm asking other people/shops what their prices are. They have my email, they have my phone number and they have a list of several parts I was looking to order all at once and more in the future I'm sure. All I was asking for was 10-20 minutes of their time to let me know what type of pricing discounts they offer for shops.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:18 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you think any reputable shop is going to discuss wholesale pricing on an open forum you are sorely mistaken.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

So glad you guys expanded. I was wanting to get some glasses with my next Lr accessory. L8 skinny jeans and iron man purse would make it a sweet set up too.

Old 03-10-2024, 06:23 PM
1st Gear
Default Lucky 8 lack of customer service

I am now at 24 days since I ordered some very simple parts.
They responded to my email four days ago that it will be shipped out that day.
I have not received any response if it has been shipped or not.
I don't understand how they can run a business this way.