LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lean Codes and PCV Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 10:52 AM
Winching
Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Is this with a new MAF or old MAF?

The following users liked this post:
TexasRover1 (02-16-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 02:33 PM
4wd Low
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LR Techniker, sorry for the late reply. I installed a new MAF but it was not the cause of my lean codes. I had the lean codes for a while, one attempt the Indy shop made was to clean the MAF sensor and it seems like that killed the MAF cause afterwards I was getting both lean and rich codes.

I installed a new MAF sensor and got rid of the rich codes. The CEL was still on due to the lean codes. Once I finally reset the adaptations the lean codes have not come back either.

I believe this all started when the dipstick went missing after an oil change. I did not locate and install a new dipstick for a few weeks and it seems like the PCV system was sucking air through the dipstick tube, the computer was trying to compensate for this, later I installed a new dipstick but the computer did not automatically adjust back. Resetting the adaptations was necessary. Like you mentioned! Thanks!

The following users liked this post:
LR Techniker (02-17-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 07:02 PM
Winching
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Kind of a highjack but when I was cleaning my Landy of snow from our most recent dump, I noticed the air intake was pretty well blocked with snow. As the vent is on the passenger side and not looked at every time we drive, how significant a difference would a blocked or even a partially blocked air intake vent have on MAF readings and throwing codes?

Old 04-30-2021, 11:29 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same issue

Originally Posted by TexasRover1
LR Techniker, sorry for the late reply. I installed a new MAF but it was not the cause of my lean codes. I had the lean codes for a while, one attempt the Indy shop made was to clean the MAF sensor and it seems like that killed the MAF cause afterwards I was getting both lean and rich codes.

I installed a new MAF sensor and got rid of the rich codes. The CEL was still on due to the lean codes. Once I finally reset the adaptations the lean codes have not come back either.

I believe this all started when the dipstick went missing after an oil change. I did not locate and install a new dipstick for a few weeks and it seems like the PCV system was sucking air through the dipstick tube, the computer was trying to compensate for this, later I installed a new dipstick but the computer did not automatically adjust back. Resetting the adaptations was necessary. Like you mentioned! Thanks!
thanks for the info. I have been scratching my head about this. I’ve got the battery disconnected and switches the PCV and the maf. I’ll try in the morning and see if a hard reset is all I needed