Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Defender orders taking place now

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 10:17 PM
Mudding
Received 85 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
So, I have a deposit down for a 110X at my local dealer of which I submitted over a month ago. I have 9 people before me waiting for an allocation. Upon more and more research, my outlook doesn't look too promising!

I decided to look elsewhere... first outside my region for new. My results was pretty disappointing... unless I wanted to pay 20k over MSRP, no one would sell.

Decided to start looking for used ones. Found a couple, but not exactly what I was looking for. Then I managed to find a 2021 110X with 6200 miles at CarMax of all places. I am in the process of having it transported to my local CarMax. Only costing me $200. Figured it was worth the cost. Dealer is only 538 miles from me... so it should not be long. (They said it could take a max of 14 days). We will see how it all pans out when it arrives.

Figured I will keep my deposit at my dealer, buy this used one and go from there... If I like the used one, keep that. If I like it but desire different options, trade in the used one once I finally get my new build allocation delivered? Time will tell. Just happy I found a spec I like!

That looks great. Much better than with all black wheels (I don’t like black wheels…). Is that satin finish on that white paint?

Old 10-01-2021, 07:41 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

@n4v4nod - I've gotten all my kids' cars at Carmax. They are AWESOME. I also think you scored a great Defender. White has become my favorite color as I've seen them all in real life by now. I do agree with the others that darker wheels would be cool, but that's highly personal and not a deal breaker. If I had to do it again, I would have definitely started with the X. I went with the Dyn-HSE and optioned it up. I'm seriously thinking of going ahead now and put my deposit on a 2023 X. If I start now and demand the specs I want, it JUST might come in properly in another 15 months....

Here's some tips when working with Carmax. Not sure who your SC is, but make sure they are a President Club (aka, seasoned) person if you have a choice. Get your bank/whoever to get you financed before you get there. They have great rates, but have your own. If you are doing a trade in, get it appraised beforehand. They'll give you the same amount anyway. Make sure you meet the Sales Manager because these things NEVER have the manual in them. You'll have to escalate. With the iOwners manual on the Defender, not a deal breaker. But they also RARELY have 2 keys. That's why you want to push it. Finally, if it's a smoker they do crazy chemicals to "try" to remove the odor. You'll need to keep pressing to help tone that down to your level of satisfaction.

Overall the process will be fantastic. It's designed to get you out in <90 minutes but plan on a couple hours.

I have been seeing more & more Defenders on the CarMax inventory. If anyone's interested, go to their website and set up a Search Alert. They'll ping you when one comes in.

Old 10-01-2021, 11:49 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
@n4v4nod - I've gotten all my kids' cars at Carmax. They are AWESOME. I also think you scored a great Defender. White has become my favorite color as I've seen them all in real life by now. I do agree with the others that darker wheels would be cool, but that's highly personal and not a deal breaker. If I had to do it again, I would have definitely started with the X. I went with the Dyn-HSE and optioned it up. I'm seriously thinking of going ahead now and put my deposit on a 2023 X. If I start now and demand the specs I want, it JUST might come in properly in another 15 months....

Here's some tips when working with Carmax. Not sure who your SC is, but make sure they are a President Club (aka, seasoned) person if you have a choice. Get your bank/whoever to get you financed before you get there. They have great rates, but have your own. If you are doing a trade in, get it appraised beforehand. They'll give you the same amount anyway. Make sure you meet the Sales Manager because these things NEVER have the manual in them. You'll have to escalate. With the iOwners manual on the Defender, not a deal breaker. But they also RARELY have 2 keys. That's why you want to push it. Finally, if it's a smoker they do crazy chemicals to "try" to remove the odor. You'll need to keep pressing to help tone that down to your level of satisfaction.

Overall the process will be fantastic. It's designed to get you out in <90 minutes but plan on a couple hours.

I have been seeing more & more Defenders on the CarMax inventory. If anyone's interested, go to their website and set up a Search Alert. They'll ping you when one comes in.
Thanks for the advice! I have sold multiple vehicles to CarMax and each and every time it's been great.

Originally Posted by Simon14
That looks great. Much better than with all black wheels (I don’t like black wheels…). Is that satin finish on that white paint?
Yeah... I like Silver or Grey wheels. IMHO, I feel that black feels get lost... but I know lots of people like them. The exterior paint color is actually Hakuba Silver with no satin ppf. I think silver paint is reflecting the white walls a bit making it appear a little white.

Originally Posted by disco96sd
i wonder why carmax has a 6200 mile defender ? given the market seems odd - good luck with your deal
The original owner leased it.

Originally Posted by clubguy
Trade it or sell it...either way, you got one.
👍🏼

For anyone interested... this is the build:

Last edited by n4v4nod; 10-01-2021 at 12:07 PM.
Old 10-01-2021, 12:07 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,412 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod

Yeah... I like Silver or Grey wheels. IMHO, I feel that black feels get lost...

Not mine but I saw this yesterday on the lot. 22" gloss black is stunning in person against a white or silver truck. Does not come through on the picture but damn they look good, especially with X-Dynamic gloss trim!

The same wheels in 20's look meh.

After seeing 45 different combinations, I'm a huge fan of silver wheels against the darker trucks, black wheels on light trucks, and no debate, 22's look vicious compared to 20's.

That's mine.

Last edited by _Allegedly; 10-01-2021 at 12:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
n4v4nod (10-01-2021)
Old 10-01-2021, 01:52 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Allegedly...did you get another ride? And not waiting for your order? or maybe I read that wrong. Just curious.

Old 10-01-2021, 01:57 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by _Allegedly
Not mine but I saw this yesterday on the lot. 22" gloss black is stunning in person against a white or silver truck. Does not come through on the picture but damn they look good, especially with X-Dynamic gloss trim!

The same wheels in 20's look meh.

After seeing 45 different combinations, I'm a huge fan of silver wheels against the darker trucks, black wheels on light trucks, and no debate, 22's look vicious compared to 20's.

That's mine.
Nice! You don't see the silver 22's often, and they do look great against Carpathian.

Old 10-01-2021, 01:57 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Amg1824
Allegedly...did you get another ride? And not waiting for your order? or maybe I read that wrong. Just curious.
Buying it while I wait. Have you heat anything because all I get is "I don't know".

Old 10-01-2021, 01:59 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by David JRL Houston North
Nice! You don't see the silver 22's often, and they do look great against Carpathian.
Drop dead beautiful! There were a bunch of contractors and random people there all locked on to that one. Half of them had never even heard of a Defender.

Old 10-01-2021, 01:59 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Nothing...I wrote the dealer today to see; if she has not heard anything that if she can reach out to them and see what their building plans are. I had a Land Rover offer me a defender x at 105k...but that's out of reach for me. Lol

Old 10-01-2021, 02:00 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Amg1824
Nothing...I wrote the dealer today to see; if she has not heard anything that if she can reach out to them and see what their building plans are. I had a Land Rover offer me a defender x at 105k...but that's out of reach for me. Lol
How close are you to Orlando again?

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender orders taking place now