Sponsored by:

2022 Defender orders taking place now

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2021, 12:20 AM
5th Gear
Received 27 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by clubguy
No word from the dealer yet.
Anyone with a V8 have any updates on delivery yet? I order mine back in May in Northern Virginia. It’s been at the dock in Baltimore for about 6-8 weeks now. It was suppose to be delivered yesterday, but was delayed. Spoke to the dealer today they told me it will be delivered tomorrow (8/5). They said it will be the first V8 delivery on the east coast (?). I’ll post pics if it ends up getting delivered.

The following users liked this post:
RogueClimber (08-05-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 06:40 AM
4wd High
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rover2point0
Anyone with a V8 have any updates on delivery yet? I order mine back in May in Northern Virginia. It’s been at the dock in Baltimore for about 6-8 weeks now. It was suppose to be delivered yesterday, but was delayed. Spoke to the dealer today they told me it will be delivered tomorrow (8/5). They said it will be the first V8 delivery on the east coast (?). I’ll post pics if it ends up getting delivered.
I have a V8 that’s been in Baltimore that same amount of time. Was probably on the same ship as yours. A few weeks ago my dealer told me they’re waiting on “a fix”. Haven’t heard anything since. Where are you scheduled to take delivery?

Old 08-05-2021, 06:55 AM
5th Gear
Received 27 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jared34
I have a V8 that’s been in Baltimore that same amount of time. Was probably on the same ship as yours. A few weeks ago my dealer told me they’re waiting on “a fix”. Haven’t heard anything since. Where are you scheduled to take delivery?
Pretty much the same thing happened to me. I ordered late May/Early June. At the time I placed my order I was told it would be ready for delivery end of July. Some time in late June I got a message that the car was at the dock in Baltimore and would be released July 23rd. On July 19th I got the following message from my dealership:

“I got some bad news. There’s a stop sale on X and V8 defenders at the moment. Their tail lights got recalled basically without an official recall. It’s looking like an October delivery now.. That’s why it got put on hold“

I was expecting to have to wait till October. Then this past Saturday I got another message from the dealership saying that vehicle invoices were in and that they would be taking delivery this week. I signed all my paperwork for the car yesterday and they said it should be delivered to my house either today or tmw. While I was at the dealer yesterday they did have a 2022 Defender X which was delivered and waiting for pick up, so I’m taking that as a good sign.

The following 4 users liked this post by Rover2point0:
AvoTow (08-05-2021), bobbyz95 (08-05-2021), Channel Serf (08-05-2021), Jared34 (08-05-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 08:55 AM
Drifting
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Just a little curious. I placed my order early July, with an estimate delivery by October (provided by dealer). At this time the order is sitting in a holding pool for approx 3 weeks. I guess that’s a waiting list. Does anyone know here, how long will the order will stay in the pool before going to production? Just trying to figure out, whether October is realistic. Thnx

Old 08-05-2021, 09:40 AM
Mudding
Received 147 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by DefenderRR
Just a little curious. I placed my order early July, with an estimate delivery by October (provided by dealer). At this time the order is sitting in a holding pool for approx 3 weeks. I guess that’s a waiting list. Does anyone know here, how long will the order will stay in the pool before going to production? Just trying to figure out, whether October is realistic. Thnx
I'm in a similar situation, waiting for my order (placed early July) to make it through whatever it takes to get the build scheduled, but my dealer's estimate is December-January. I know that doesn't help much but I'd guess we'd be smart to set our expectations to the more conservative dates.

Old 08-05-2021, 10:19 AM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by bobbyz95
Sure! These are the 20" Style 5098, 5 spoke, Satin Dark Grey wheels.
We're you in the know regarding shipping overseas or did your dealer not mention that and just tell you when your vehicle arrived?

Old 08-05-2021, 10:49 AM
Overlanding
Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AvoTow
Did you have a X-Dynamic or actual X? If an X with smoked taillights when was your build day? I'm still waiting for parts on mine, and if you had an actual X delivered that would be great news for all of us waiting.
It’s an actual X with smoked taillights, built early May. There is a fix, they just don’t have hardly any of them yet though.

AvoTow (08-05-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 10:54 AM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DefenderRR
We placed our P300 order at the very end of June, with a build date of 8/27. Planned delivery is set for early Nov.

Old 08-05-2021, 11:03 AM
Mudding
Received 78 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by benb007
Do you mind if I ask which wheels you got? My order got cancelled and reslotted. Now I’m trying to figure out which wheels I want. I like the looks of these.
I have the same wheels on my Gondwana Stone 110 and they look great and also don't show the road dirt and brake dust. Good choice.

bobbyz95 (08-05-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 12:16 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Gamer_Esq
It’s an actual X with smoked taillights, built early May. There is a fix, they just don’t have hardly any of them yet though.
This is great. At least they have a fix in place, now just a matter of time to roll it out to the 3,000 X-V8 models.

Jared34 (08-05-2021)

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender orders taking place now