Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Defender orders taking place now

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2021, 08:35 PM
Mudding
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
For the record, my 3/25-ordered P400 110 X-Dy SE, with a Build Date the week of 5/7 was sitting at the docks at Southampton on 5/7. It is still there, looking for passage to the New World, on 5/24. Delivery date is unchanged, at 7/2. We’ll see. I figured it could get on a boat before now.
My V8 ordered 4/14 is still not even confirmed on 5/24! Consider yourself lucky 🍀

Old 05-24-2021, 08:35 PM
Mudding
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Seamusrb
My build/order was submitted late March and unbeknownst to me and the dealer (or so I'm told), the power that be at LR changed the model year to 2022 from 2021. And with that sly change order the build was modified! The good news is that sticker came in slightly below the msrp on my original order (e.g., the paint options were cheaper, for instance) BUT the bad news is that the air suspension and the Clearsight rearview mirror (which are no longer standard in the '22 SE) were nowhere to be found in my Defender.

Honestly, I thought that the coils would be a deal breaker but after test drive (and a $1600 discount due to the snafu which the dealer blamed on the factory), I decided to proceed with the purchase rather than wait another three+ months to get the perfect build for me. Am pleased. This is my fifth LR and while it is still early, I'm lovin' it.
!

hahah! Your ‘22 get to you sooner than my 21 got to me! congrats!

Old 05-24-2021, 08:49 PM
4wd High
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by expatbrit
!

hahah! Your ‘22 get to you sooner than my 21 got to me! congrats!
my original 2021 buildhttps://urldefense.com/v3/__https://...ElMNxDRJr3r_R$

Old 05-24-2021, 08:56 PM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

I ordered the Carpathian Grey color too but I got the black roof.

The following users liked this post:
Seamusrb (05-24-2021)
Old 05-24-2021, 09:10 PM
4wd High
Default Coil vs. air

Can argue that a serious off-roader might prefer air suspension (although some will disagree) but my test drives suggest air does ride just a tad better. But with most ‘22 models it comes with a pretty stiff $1600 price tag. Air has the cool factor and access height benefit for those with elderly parents is a plus but to me is just another expensive piece of expensive tech that can go wrong.

Last edited by Seamusrb; 05-24-2021 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 05-24-2021, 10:17 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

My build/order was submitted late March and unbeknownst to me and the dealer (or so I'm told), the power that be at LR changed the model year to 2022 from 2021. And with that sly change order the build was modified! The good news is that sticker came in slightly below the msrp on my original order (e.g., the paint options were cheaper, for instance) BUT the bad news is that the air suspension and the Clearsight rearview mirror (which are no longer standard in the '22 SE) were nowhere to be found in my Defender.

Honestly, I thought that the coils would be a deal breaker but after test drive (and a $1600 discount due to the snafu which the dealer blamed on the factory), I decided to proceed with the purchase rather than wait another three+ months to get the perfect build for me. Am pleased. This is my fifth LR and while it is still early, I'm lovin' it.
Are you saying you already have your defender? I am curious what part of the world are you in?

My my22 order was not submitted till third week of March and the build date is not for another two weeks. I had placed my first order for a my21 the first week of February of 2021 and the build date just occurred on may 7th.

JLR announced in late February that all orders moving forward were going to be my22 variants and not my21. If you ordered your vehicle in March of 2021 that seems suspect to have ordered under the pretense of it being a my21 model. It also seems crazy fast to have the defender to you in two months time. If you are in Europe I can understand the lack of travel time, but its only been about six weeks since the first my22 defenders were made. The earliest USA delivery is supposed to happen on 6/11/2021.

Old 05-25-2021, 07:19 AM
4wd High
Default Appears they are cutting over to model year 2022 Defenders earlier than reported

I live in Ridgewood NJ and picked up the vehicle in Paramus. I was quite surprised, and so was the dealer, as this was the first MY 2022 they've received.

My build reinterpreted as a 2022...

Last edited by Seamusrb; 05-25-2021 at 11:26 AM. Reason: VIN number exposed
The following users liked this post:
drcoop (05-25-2021)
Old 05-25-2021, 10:36 AM
Mudding
Received 78 Likes on 45 Posts

Can argue that a serious off-roader might prefer air suspension (although some will disagree) but my test drives suggest air does ride just a tad better. But with most ‘22 models it comes with a pretty stiff $1600 price tag. Air has the cool factor and access height benefit for those with elderly parents is a plus but to me is just another expensive piece of expensive tech that can go wrong.
We have now had 5 Land Rovers and all with air suspension and never had a problem. The oldest was 9 years before being traded for a new 2021 P400 110 SE. In the rough I believe air suspension has the edge as the extra lift available instantly can be the difference between high centering or getting over an obstacle. In snow it allows deeper accumulations to slide under the vehicle rather than plow through it. As for egress and ingress, I find the "access height" to sort of be a misnomer as you still have to climb into the vehicle regardless; maybe would be not as high if you had the 18" steelies on a P300. That said, the access height when turned on operates every time a door is opened; so if you stop to let someone out, the vehicle lowers and as soon as they close the door goes back up, even if you only move 50 feet to garage the vehicle. That I am not a fan of, but it is easily disabled. Loving the new Defenders in every way so far.

Old 05-25-2021, 11:32 AM
4wd High

This is my fifth as well, and the last few (including my LR4 and Discovery) had air suspension and yes, I loved it. Never had any issues, although I was mostly road driving, with some light beach and minor off-road excursions. I'm am sure I will miss the air suspension in my Defender, but alas a factory snafu has me driving on coils.Regarding the access height feature, agree it isn't a big issue (and probably annoying) for most, but those with elderly parents even a few inches can make a big difference.

Last edited by Seamusrb; 05-25-2021 at 12:00 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-25-2021, 11:35 AM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

I live in Ridgewood NJ and picked up the vehicle in Paramus. I was quite surprised, and so was the dealer, as this was the first MY 2022 they've received.

My build reinterpreted as a 2022...
Thanks for sharing. This is the first delivery of my22 defender I have seen anywhere. No dealers have posted videos online yet and the land rover usa inventory search does not even have a my22 search option for current or upcoming vehicles. You must have had one of the first my22 defenders built. I see that you got the smaller sized screen so perhaps they moved up your order in the queue since they could fully complete your build without delay.

Outside of the changes to air suspension and clear sight mirror, did the rest of the build show up exactly as you ordered?

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender orders taking place now