Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Annoying Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 01:15 PM
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gent of liesure
Driving to drop my rig off in Ventura this morning everything in the car switched over to like a Euro version about 40 min into the drive and then just switched back. Like the speed warning went from the white rectangle saying 65 to a euro circle with the speed limit in it. I thought it was weird but looks like the weird glitch while driving effect the in cabin air as well making it jump from Fahrenheit to Celsius. There got to be some module or something that’s not being programmed correctly or needs to be replaced in my option.
How are things going with Ventura? Can I ask how much they are actually charging to install the Winch? Heard that was a very complex install and one of the guys on TFL said a that a service technician actually messed up and cut a critical part- so they had to get a new car!

The following users liked this post:
Gent of liesure (01-23-2021)
Old 01-23-2021, 01:51 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoosbest
I got the 2.0.8 software update overnight - no notice - just self installed while car was locked. Amazing amount of dealer misinformation about software updates being stopped/halted. No notes except the generic one listed above about optimizing the system. On quick drive, didn't see anything different - though started up like any other time. Will revert if I see any changes.
I wish I could figure out what version I'm actually running... had the truck for a week, have tried all the tricks (Pivi reset, whole truck reset) and my "Software Updates" still simply says "All software is up to date" with no last updated date nor listing of the current version. Luckily, so far only issue is a buzzy passenger (right) door speaker.

Old 01-23-2021, 02:23 PM
Mudding
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by carlmuck
I wish I could figure out what version I'm actually running... had the truck for a week, have tried all the tricks (Pivi reset, whole truck reset) and my "Software Updates" still simply says "All software is up to date" with no last updated date nor listing of the current version. Luckily, so far only issue is a buzzy passenger (right) door speaker.
Honestly, I wouldn’t worry about it, especially if you don’t have any issues. My guess is that you’ll get an update in the next week or two. I would make sure to set up your online account, connect your profile and make sure your car is getting data service.

Old 01-23-2021, 02:47 PM
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by patpatriot6
Honestly, I wouldn’t worry about it, especially if you don’t have any issues. My guess is that you’ll get an update in the next week or two. I would make sure to set up your online account, connect your profile and make sure your car is getting data service.
Ha, easy for you to say Pat (trust me, old version = rampant issues) — and for all those stuck and their system not offering updates, I’m currently in contact with JLR HQ and they may need to manually push this. I’ll wait and see how this pans out but will keep you all updated.

The following 2 users liked this post by fauxreal:
FzyPChz (01-27-2021), webops (01-23-2021)
Old 01-23-2021, 02:54 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

"InControl" is linked up. Truck is getting data, (4G) I can see it in the iOS app and perform all the functions (lock & unlock, climate set, beep). So I'll just keep checking...

Old 01-23-2021, 03:00 PM
Mudding
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by carlmuck
"InControl" is linked up. Truck is getting data, (4G) I can see it in the iOS app and perform all the functions (lock & unlock, climate set, beep). So I'll just keep checking...
I got my first update at Day 9 after delivery at very beginning of January and then another 10 days later... maybe that’s a good reference point.

Old 01-23-2021, 04:08 PM
Overlanding
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

There quote thus far is at 8k, I am dealing with Randy over there as a service advisor he came recommended by an other user on this site that I’m drawing a blank on his name. But he had got his done there and told me how great they where with fixing issues he had going on with his rig. Just my gut being Ventura is filled with off road shops like Gen Right and a ton of fabrication that build insane ore runners up there that it might be a better service then your average soccer mom dealership. I’ll definitely report back should have it back this Wednesday.

Old 01-27-2021, 02:26 PM
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fauxreal
Ha, easy for you to say Pat (trust me, old version = rampant issues) — and for all those stuck and their system not offering updates, I’m currently in contact with JLR HQ and they may need to manually push this. I’ll wait and see how this pans out but will keep you all updated.
any update from JLR? I’m also dealing with the lack of updates pushed to my defender.

The following 2 users liked this post by gaugefulmer:
FzyPChz (01-27-2021), webops (01-27-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 03:56 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fauxreal
I’ve been stuck on OS 2.05P2DR since Nov 2020. When it did try to update in December (I’m assuming to 2.06), it caused No Emergency Braking and Steering available, LKA and CarPlay issues and then the software screen turned blank. After 7 days at the service dept, they fixed all the issues and my software screen was back to 2.05P2DR where it remains today. The good news is, my Defender has had zero issues. Oddly, I do have features like voice command and the Enhanced Hill Hold which were features pushed with the 2.06 or later updates. 🤔

The following users liked this post:
webops (01-27-2021)
Old 01-28-2021, 03:27 PM
Mudding
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

I have no issues now with P300 S on 2.0.8. There were some emergency brake LKA warnings with 2.0.6 and 2.0.7 but so far 2.0.8 seems good. If all is good with a dealer reverted 2.0.5 version I would let her ride so to speak. They seem to be slowly figuring it out. I also still think there MAY be some module that must be dealer updated as it seems to be a consistent story of SOTA starting to work.

Quick Reply: Annoying Software Update